Thread: Lazyanttu's "Art"

Lazyanttu's "Art"

Hi

I registered today to the forums, and I suppose this is the place where you can show your own works?

Earlier I have only drawn couple of faces/heads, but today was first time I:
    -Drew entire body of character (except for legs, I'm not afraid of drawing them but I placed poorly and they didn't fit into the A4 paper)
    -Drew clothing
    -Drew a girl (previous faces were boys)
    -Attempted to edit image with computer / color an image (with quite horrible results...)
    -Used GIMP (I have only used Microsoft Paint so far for any previous editing, but for this kind of project it was not very usable, so I tried GIMP)

So here are the results:

This was first sketch:
    Drawing_00_00.jpg
    Added clothes:
    Drawing_00_01.jpg
    Started editing with computer:
    Drawing_00_02.jpg
    The final result:
    By the way the background was from GIMP, I'm not sure if I can use it in this image? If I can't, I will remove it immediately. Otherwise else the image is made by me. I know the coloring is bad, and incomplete, but this is best I could do for now.
    Drawing_00_04.jpg

Feel free to comment! I can handle anything, and if you have any suggestions for improvement for my next images, I'll listen gladly.
    Last edited by Lazyanttu; 08-23-2014 at 05:15 AM.

After I uploaded that, I begun on next project. It's here:

First draw:
    Drawing_01_00.jpg
    With color:
    Drawing_01_02.jpg

I think I got the coloring much better on the second one, but still lot to learn. Also tried for different pose.

EDIT: Also added rainy background, which is from GIMP:s defaults. Again if this is against rules, I'll delete it:
    Drawing_01_03.jpg
    Last edited by Lazyanttu; 08-23-2014 at 05:37 AM.

you've got some interesting poses and character designs here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Thanks! Nice to hear they are interesting. I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask (should I open following question into another thread), but do you have any tips about what should I focus next if I want to learn better at character drawing? What are the most critical mistakes/errors in my drawings which should be improved for future?

If you post in the critique corner, we can try to answer all your questions

Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    If you post in the critique corner, we can try to answer all your questions
    Can I just copy the same images to the Critique Corner and ask about them? I wasn't really sure about if they should be put here or there (in Critique Corner), as I wasn't actually looking critic at first, but then I changed my mind. So should I just make a new post in Critique Corner with same images?

Yeah, you can post the same pictures in both!

Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    Yeah, you can post the same pictures in both!
    Thanks for advice, I did: http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...829#post168829

EDIT: Ignore the criticism request in this thread . I'll never ask again in Artist Alley about it.