Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MT Inquisition Interest Thread

MT Inquisition Interest Thread

I want to run a witch hunt/mafia/werewolf style game on the forum. It will be a simple version using just a few roles.

If you've never played its basically a game where one or more players is a werewolf who kills dudes at night, and the other players vote on which player to lynch. If they lynch the werewolf they win, but more likely they'll lynch innocent people trying to figure out who the werewolf is.

The roles are secret and nobody really knows who is who, and thats what makes it fun.

The roles would be:

Baddies:
    Heretic (Werewolf, basically)
    Cultist - Once per night the cultist can name a player, and the judge will tell them if that player is the inquisitor or not

Town:
    Inquisitor - Once per night the inquisitor can name a player, and the judge will tell them if that player is the heretic or not
    Hunter - If the hunter is the only townsperson left on the last day, the town wins
    Villager - Just normal people who hang out or whatever

Im looking for 5-6 people not including me.

So, if the cultist guess the inquisitor, the baddies when, but if the inquisitor guess the heretic, the town wins?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Not necessarily.

Every turn the town chooses who to execute. To win they need to execute the heretic. The heretic will kill a person every night and his goal is to just be alive at the end of the game.

The thing about the cultist and inquisitor is that nobody knows who is who. So I could say I'm the inquisitor and that you are clearly the heretic, but then another person can say hey you're not the inquisitor because I am.

So say I'm the cultist who correctly guesses that you are the inquisitor in the first round. During the daytime discussion I might point at you and say, "I'm the inquisitor and I know for a fact jjjorgie is the wolf."

Now the real wolf probably knows that I'm the cultist and that you're the inquisitor, but he can't be sure because its possible its a bluff. Maybe I was the hunter the entire time and was trying to get him to kill the cultist at night.

Ahh, okay, I think I got it. So, the game doesn't end until the heretic is found by the town or everyone dies, no matter if the cultist or inquisitor know all the roles. Sounds real fun. I'll join!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

YES!!! so this is kind of like that game mafia only... there's no doctor to pick someone to save? This sounds awesome I'm in

I wanna be an inquisitor can I be my dude Uriel from Dark Heresy?

i want 2 play

No doctor in this game since it's gonna use so few people. Also you don't choose your role its random.

EEEAAAAAAAAAAAHFFFFFFFFFFFFS

Okay cora, sulux, john, and cake are in 4 sure. One or two more peeps needed.