Thread: Help with Figure drawing/ Study of Human Anatomy

Teen Member

Help with Figure drawing/ Study of Human Anatomy

Heyy whats up people, I posted this thread, hopefully to get some help and Tips on How to successful figure drawing?
    I usually dont have a problem drawing Profile images of people, but Ive kind of been looking to expand my knowledge, and make my self a better artist.
    I have a self made project Im going to attempt soon, and I will most definitely need to be able to Draw the human body in many different positions besides profile obviously.
    I've seen people's art work on here, and I've seen some people talk about studying Human Anatomy, So i was just wondering if you could point me in the right direction; maybe if there a way That i can study anatomy, improving my figure drawing over all.
    Thanks much!

We have a thread which has links to lots of online material which would aid you. Here's a link:
    http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...als-List-v-3-0

From personal experience, I went to life drawing classes and bought some books on understanding human anatomy. Look around your local library or bookstore. Fashion magazines are excellent for female anatomy, if you don't like women that skinny then you simply add some bulk once you understand how bones, muscles, etc work.

Most of all, the internet is a huge cache of information. Use your determination and look around, find what works best for you.

Another good way to practice is using Posemaniacs.com. It really helps with seeing how the muscles works in different poses. I really like it's timed drawing setting for warmups and it's random pose setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    You can also do a lot of gesture drawings of different parts of the body and other body parts, be real swift with your line work. Don't try and focus on things like a doctor or something, rather look at things like an artist and see shape and form while you're doing these.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Teen Member
    Thanks for the tips and Links guys helped me out bunches! I've been browsing the links, and doing gesture drawing, so Ill just be practicing for a bit before I apply it to the main thing!
    Thanks much