Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: [May 20] Mattart (NSFW)

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Biohero looks wicked! And is Naomi finished? I feel you're not quite done.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Wow, Naomi has really matured between those two years :O

I tried to reproduce a style I like -- the one they used in the art for Bastion and Transistor, but upon further examination, I realized that Bastion and Transistor's artist never left an area unshaded or unhighlighted, whereas I left massive blanks and generally don't know color theory, or how light and shadow work near as well as she does. Of course, I plan to change that.

Naomi seems to be aging with me. At one point, I would have worried that that made her a Sue, but I've grown past that. Progress, I tell you.

Lastly, here are some mermaids trying to kill each other. Also, the presence of female nipples makes this thread officially NSFW. Achievement unlocked, possibly?
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Matt; 02-27-2014 at 10:08 PM.

RAD.
    I LOVE A GOOD SET OF NIPPLES AT 4 IN THE MORNING.

Seriously, I like this pic alot. It has a dynamic to it and the anatomy is p. good! Some errors here and there but overall I really like it.

ALSO! If you don't want your whole thread NSFW, then just put this pic in a spoiler and label it NSFW. Just a tip!

Mermaid fight! woo, that's so awesome! great job with all of the poses in this one, they are placed well together and make quite a lovely picture! Keep it up.

For a male artist, I don't draw boobs much. I'm gonna try to remedy that and get as good as my peers (read: Sutari, Iccy, Linz, etc.). Therefore, I'll keep the whole thread NSFW.

An attempt at drawing Sierra, a character I've been drawing over the years since about four years ago.

One from Posemaniacs and three from imagination. Among the three from imagination is a second, slightly better attempt at Sierra. Also, more boobs (meaning, NSFW).
    SPOILER! :

Lastly, a girl on stairs.
    Last edited by Matt; 02-27-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Nice. I like the expressions and the kind of figures you are now using. Either the first or the last is probally my favorate of the bunch.

Nice anatomy c: I always like it when people pay attention to the anatomy :3

I just got two anatomy books: Loomis's Figure Drawing for All It's Worth and Valerie L. Winslow's Classic Human Anatomy: The Artist's Guide to Form, Function, and Movement. The latter looks more like an A&P book, which has been helpful for work as well as art. It's even got all the correct terminology for pretty much every muscle and bone in the entire body, coupled with accurate anatomical art. Now when the doctor dictates, "thumbing the T8," or "pain in the thoracic spiny group," I know what he's talking about.

Webcomic/story characters, drawn four days apart with marginal improvement:

Failed sketch where I tried to draw all three protagonists to scale.

I feel like I'm moving out of that awkward transitional phase between anime and semirealism, and now everyone I draw doesn't look like they're squinting. Also, I drew a male character.

Hum. Definately digging the more realistic designs. Suits your more three-dimensional drawing style quite well.

Good job me'ol chap.