View Poll Results: Do you want the Artist Alley to make a return?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 89.66%
  • No

3 10.34%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Voting for the return of the Artist Alley

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Unnecessary slowing in the activity the AA would generate.

What baffles me and continuously baffles me is for someone who apparently 'really can't care' always has his two cents to say in situations like these, and its usually not positive. What also baffles me is why this person sticks around if he 'really can't care' and has such a negative opinion on the forum as a whole. Yes, i'm talking to you, Clock.

Also, to people who are concerned with 'ego-stroking', insecure much? It happens everywhere, not just here. Deal with it. Grow a pair of balls, you don't need mummy to hold your hand and tell you that you're her special angel who never sucks. Art is about creating something beautiful and self expression, not about how many comments you get in a forum/website. If you like it and you've drawn it, be proud. Some art styles are more popular than others, it happens. Critique is not the be all and end all of art. Do more studies, enroll in a class, read books. But i'm crazy for even insinuating that you have to work to get praise, right?!

I really don't see the big problems with bringing in the AA. A lot of people are saying that it will pretty much drown out the CC, but the CC might as well be dead. What's the harm of adding a new section that has the potential to spark some life back into this forum? There will still be users that will continue to critique and help other users if asked or requested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

I'm sorry, bring back what now?

GAWD SHAGGIE YOU'RE SUCH A NEWB

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    AA was the sexy, basically, we're bringing the sexy back.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

YEAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    GAWD SHAGGIE YOU'RE SUCH A NEWB
    True. But I'm also cooler than the ice caps on Pluto. Can you dig it?

Yeah I've only been here for like 2 yrs. 1 solid year so...I guess my noob status is legit. We're talking about the Artists Alley what's that? Another forum geared toward more artisticly focused discussions? I'm down for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    What baffles me and continuously baffles me is for someone who apparently 'really can't care' always has his two cents to say in situations like these, and its usually not positive. What also baffles me is why this person sticks around if he 'really can't care' and has such a negative opinion on the forum as a whole. Yes, i'm talking to you, Clock.
    He's a member and he's entitled to voice his opinion. If it baffles you that Clock doesn't care for much of the forum but stays around because there are a few members here he considers friends and has fun with then you've no manner of insight to speak of. If it baffles you that somebody may say one thing but do another then you've no experience with humans and their innate nature to speak of.

Also, to people who are concerned with 'ego-stroking', insecure much? It happens everywhere, not just here. Deal with it. Grow a pair of balls, you don't need mummy to hold your hand and tell you that you're her special angel who never sucks. Art is about creating something beautiful and self expression, not about how many comments you get in a forum/website. If you like it and you've drawn it, be proud. Some art styles are more popular than others, it happens. Critique is not the be all and end all of art. Do more studies, enroll in a class, read books. But i'm crazy for even insinuating that you have to work to get praise, right?!
    The issue is not insecurity. As I stated, the majority of comments in my thread were compliments. I receive massive praise from my best bro Brian and all my Facebook friends. I can't even count on my hands how many people I don't even really know have liked my pictures and commented positive things between Deviantart and Facebook. So no, it's definitely not insecurity. It's the lack of criticism and growth. Last night I just received the best critique I've ever gotten in my entire life, and it was only one of an easily countable number of good critiques I've ever gotten, and I've been here for 6 years. Some of us do heaps of studies and read heaps of books, but human interaction is what really cultivates artistic growth. Classes are expensive and not everyone can afford those kinds of things just for human interaction and getting help from other people. Thus forums are born, am I right? Yes, I am, that's not a real question. Forums are created for people who share similar interests to share their experience and knowledge and help each other out, not to suck each others' e-dicks. But I'm crazy for even insinuating that a person can expect criticism on a forum dedicated to it, right?!

Hey, at least you admitted you're crazy. First step to rehabilitation. (: