View Poll Results: Do you want the Artist Alley to make a return?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 89.66%
  • No

3 10.34%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Voting for the return of the Artist Alley

I'm all for this idea, but i'm curious, wouldn't this make the 'Critique corner' pretty much redundant?

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Victory is ours.

VICTORY IS INDEED OURS! 8D

@Demon: Not necessarily, people who solely want critiques can post it in the CC then post the finished piece in the AA. The options are limitless if you just ~open your mind~

@Linz - Fair enough, sounds good

Yayayayayay, victory is always good

Please bring this back.
    Maybe stuffs to be made for deviants soon
    http://trnal.deviantart.com

Yeah it'd be pretty cool to have back.

Who voted no?!?

WHERE IS HE.

Glad to see that this is a thread full of intelligent discussion and Clock isn't the only one voicing himself with a higher degree of linguistic effort and craftsmanship and not a bunch of people making giddy remarks left and right.

The current artist's alley has almost nothing to do with critiques. I've asked for criticism plenty of times and can't get more than a "oh that looks strange lol good job snicker snicker" from people. All the Artist Alley will do is allow for people to massively stroke our top-tier artists's massive egos moreso than the CC is for at current. It is ridiculous how the beginner-intermediate cannot get a single goddamn quality critique, whereas the higher-end artists get massive floods of comments and ridiculous amounts of radiating amourism from the amateur class. Which is another thing; the absolute lowest-tier beginner gets more constructive criticism from big names than the median range artists.

This is more than personal cynicism, as well. In my own thread my piece:comment ratio is alright by me; every 2-5 sketches or 1-3 artpieces from me will see a positive comment, but never a single damned critique. I counted 17 critiques in my own thread, only 4 or 5 of them were more than two lines, only two of them included redlines, and 3 of them were about working in the restaurant industry. That's out of 19 pages of my crappy sketches and people sucking my e-dick. I'm not okay with how the art threads are now, and I will certainly be far less okay whenever this Artist Alley business goes down. It will mark the end of construction and what little there is, and the beginning of massive worship-circles.

In conclusion what the fuck do I care this is going to happen anyway.

Just do what we all did and leave. Everyone who has been searching for critiques in MT have move on to different places (4chan, youtube videos or classes) and if this is what people want, regardless the voting as the future use of this will dictate or not the sentence for what will come to the critique alley, there is not much you can do and its an obvious signal that what people on the forum want is not what you want so you should search for a place that have what you want and not force the forum to change.

So move on.