Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gyorui's drawing -- want to improve ^_^

Teen Member
    @ JJJorgie really thank you ^_^ your critique help me a lot i'll be more carefull about that next time. ah i have a problem drawing hands so it look weird i'll practice more. ^^
    @ corasta thank you for your advice and for your quesion, i always draw the underlyin anatomy first and den add clothes and hair.
    @ Callesthe ah i'm doing as your advice now and will continue practice more. thank you so much ^_^

Kawaii! You are really drawing like Japanese.

Teen Member
    @ scanten71-402san thank you so much ^_^

Teen Member
    Hi Hi
    i just draw this guy but after i finish drawing i just see that his eyes are not the same size. I just notice that every time i draw something that have to be in pair like eyes or ears it always trun out to be in different size or shape is it something wrong with my eyes?? Do you see as i see???

if it helps just flip drawing horizontally so you could fix it... i make it a habit to see it flipped horizontally when i'm drawing on pc or manually (through light of monitor) just to check for mistakes. Everyone does it so don't worry (even the pros do it!) :3

Sketch is good! tho i see him as more of a generic boy anime... may want to do face studies if you want to improve and draw beyond one face :3
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/

Teen Member
    @ BunnyVoid Thank you so much ^_^ ah i'll do as u suggest

hmm indeed as bunny said, and if traditional try to hold it up before the mirror. the pain of beginning to "see" is that you see something is wrong but don't know how to change it. just closely observe lines and their curves, length and thickness on a basic level if you want to reproduce something exactly. it's hard for eyes to redraw them since they are small and in opposite direction, but as you look closely in your drawing for example, you can see a difference in line shape:

- the left eye is narrower than the right eye
    - the lower line defining the lower lid of the eye slowly descends while the lower lid of the right eye is more straight.
    - the line defining the upper lash of the right eye is broader than that of the left eye.

learning to see and think in lines and curves will help you a lot to (re)produce drawings, may they be from life or just details like eyes of which you need to draw two exact replicas, for any reason c:

tl;dr: look closely at line shape, line weight and curves, and may the mirror be your guiding tool ^^

The advice the others gave is good--so I won't add to it. But I noticed that one ear is larger (wider) than the other. You may want to match them up a bit more. Looking good!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Teen Member
    @ callesthte Thank you so much. well in this case i know what is wrong but i just can't make it right even i tried to redraw it many times the eyes are never be in the same shape as well as other things like ears, eyebrow, neck and also a body so i think that it might be something weird with my eyesight. T^T Anyway, thank you so much ^_^

@ bluse_dragon Thank you ^_^ ah that's my another big problem i never be able to draw them in the same size T^T

Nah, you'll be able to draw them close enough. It just takes practice. You'll get the hang of it--trust me!
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique