Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gyorui's drawing -- want to improve ^_^

Teen Member

Gyorui's drawing -- want to improve ^_^

Hi everyone!
    I just start drawing about 2 months ago. i'm just a beginner so i really need your help to improve my drawing since sometimes i feel that my drawing is weird but i don't know what exactly wrong with it. So please criticize my work and i'll try to improve it.
    Thank you for your attention

well these are my works

ah this one is not an original charecter. umm i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post a fan art or not. So if it's not allowed please tell me.
    Zeref from fairy tail (a little younger version)

fan art is fine, yo, pretty good inkjobs you got goin' on there mate

On the first: His legs are too short, his arms are probably too long, his hands and feet are too small (hands are as big as one's face and feet are as long as one's forearm). The legs don't seem to connect well at the hips. His naval looks low.

On the second: His nose and mouth, especially, are a little low. Look for a reference for those diagonal lines on the neck, they aren't perfectly straight and don't go so far towards the outside (they only outline the throat). His waist doesn't seem to continue past the white fabric, either that or he's abnormally skinny. His eyes curve downward with the eyebrows, they shouldn't; the eyes may be closed slightly, but never will the eyelid slow down from the outside.

How this helps! Welcome to the critique corner and goodluck with your art!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

ohh pretty nice drawings you got there!! welcome to the critique corner indeed i hear you want to improve, and since you just started it might be handy to start finding some models and start drawing from life, that way you will learn most quickly and without learning yourself any errors :3

for now i think it's better to not give exact critiques since you didn't post many drawings so i don't see any concistent mistakes you're making. might you still want exact critiques to those drawings i think jorgie has done quite a nice job giving you those already ^^

so good luck, make loooooooots of studies and you'll improve in no time :3

hi....
    you are doing good .....
    do lots of fan arts...and yes try to keep your outlines clean and smooth and see...
    inking is nice too
    waiting for your next picture....

Teen Member
    @ Sylux ah Thank you ^^
    @ JJJorgie Thank you for your critique i'll try to improve it.
    @ Callesthe Thank you for your advice i'll study and pracice more hehe
    @ trilokcool3 i'll do as u advise. Thank you

ah i'll keep postin my drawin here, hope you all will come take a look again.
    THANK YOU!!!!

Teen Member
    aaaaa....i just draw a new charecter please tell me what you think about it

THANK YOU!!!

Nice hair! His arms are very long and I think the one of the left iss shorter than the one on the right. His forearms look mishapen and a bit bulgy. I can't really tell how the hand is holding the blade, it looks very awkward. Try holding your own hands in those positions and using them as reference!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Hey So I really like what you're doing, the inking is especially nice on all of these! I'm going to tell you what pretty much everyone is told, it would be worthwhile to spend some time really working on anatomy. You're proportions are actually pretty nice overall, but there are some general problem areas. Specifically the arms, hands, and feet. JJ already gave a more specific critique so I'm not going to get into too many details... MT has some tutorials that you can look through if you like, and deviantart also has a ton of tutorials if you search for them. I also always always recommend figure drawing or trying to draw from either reference or life. It is extremely useful and helps with getting a grasp on how the body moves. Also question when you draw do you use guidelines - like do you draw the underlying anatomy before you add in the clothes or hair? Aaaaanywho, keep up the good work. Looking forward to future art

i totally agree with corastaur on this point, pretty much what i was trying to say in my last reply ^^ you might want to draw some figure sketches, no need to work those out, just quick sketches. it might even be better to do those with pen so you don't feel the need to erase parts and trying to define the form. keep in mind that good sketches are already recognisable when you only draw the gestures, meaning the basics of a good drawing starts at the very point of sketching down the major shapes of it ^^