Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Here Read Any Other Comics Aside from Manga?

Quote Originally Posted by Reset View Post
    I also do not like superman, i prefer asian comics than american
    Have you read not-asian comics?

I preffer in the art and technique the not-asian comics, in story, some times the asians.

You know who didn't like superman.

Hitler.

Tons of webcomics and the occasional "graphic novel -" basically renamed, extremely thick comic books that grownups don't want to call comic books.

Ooh, has anyone here read Watchmen?

yup

Still too skint to seek out that guy Jubeh mentioned, but I'm keeping a list. :m

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post

I preffer in the art and technique the not-asian comics, in story, some times the asians.
    To be fair to the Amerikunz, art quality is generally a bit higher on average. Trigun in perticular strikes me as being pretty simplistic compaired to it's subject matter... Hell, even my boy Nihei's newest work Knights of Cydonia is so rediculously under his skill level that I'm feeling a bit insulted. >_>

The only thing that keeps me comming to manga is it's much larger diversity of plot lines. Comics as a whole tend to feel a little bit too "hollywood" for my tastes... and isn't that basically what comics are? Storyboards for movies that hollywood will never have the balls to make?...

Yes, but i not too happy with the drawing style.

I like batman, but I'm more comfortable reading batman that is draw by japanese mangaka (my brother had one title batman authored by mangaka, but I forgot who the author), for american i prefer watch the animation one than comic.

I like how american comic draw a "shade" but not for the line style, for the story i read everything that i think is good.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I personally like the art in comics much more. It's just so much grittier, depending on the comic. I can't get that feel with manga for some reason. Not to mention that most comics are in color all the way through. +1

i can never get into webcomics much i dunno why :/

Hey i used to real (a long time ago xD) Suske en Wiske, Kuifje, Jan Jansen en de kinderen and like donald duck... does that count?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Have you ever read Blip? That's a pretty epic webcomic.

Yes, but i not too happy with the drawing style.

I like batman, but I'm more comfortable reading batman that is draw by japanese mangaka (my brother had one title batman authored by mangaka, but I forgot who the author), for american i prefer watch the animation one than comic.
    So You haven't read any comic we have said in this thread (comics that are way better writted and drawed).

I like how american comic draw a "shade" but not for the line style, for the story i read everything that i think is good.
    Thats are old comics and mostly Marvel and DC. Now comics have different styles and are way better.

Also for my in story asian and not-asian comics are in the same level about story. Because there are millions of mangas, and just few ones have good story, and the same goes with not-asian comics.