Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Here Read Any Other Comics Aside from Manga?

Ooohh..Garfield...It was made into a cartoon too, and was aired on Cartoon Network. That one was a big hit, there are even 2 movies. But my most favorite is Calvin and Hobbes.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Do you collect the graphic novels? I've seen a few of the books with collections of all the strips.

Nope, not garfield, but i plan on collecting Calvin and Hobbes. I have the 10th anniversary version. I shall buy the rest when i start earning.

Hum. Been doing some digging on non-Japanese OR American comics, and starting to make some really odd finds... Jean Giraud (A.k.a. 'Moebius') perks my interest quite a bit seeing as he's worked on various american-type things like Alien, the Fifth Element and some Silver Surfer comics... Yet has also directly inspired a whole bunch of really outstanding anime stuff like Naussica, Panzer-Dragoon and Dragon's Heaven. >_> Anybody know what his own personal works are like by any chance?...

Enki Bilal is another french guy I'm trying to track down. His art style is badass but info is thin on the ground.

Carl Larsson is a Swede who's been dead for 90 years... But his illustrations could have been drawn yesterday, for all the inspiration that Tim Henderson and that 80s OVA Angel's Egg rips from him.

I can't help but feel like "Why haven't I heard of these guys before?"... It's not like I'm American or anything.

Any more cool Europeans you guys can throw my way would be awesome. :3

Regantor check out Gipi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gipi

Huh, he's cool... Kinda like a more defined Ashley Wood... :o

Gipi's real strength is as a comic artist. You can look at him as an artist or a writer but when he does both he is just fucking amazing.

I submit that he is the italian will eisner. Yeah that's right.

we have this comic book section in the library so i like read like 2/3 comics.
    one was french but translated and other were english i think... ?
    The pathway to heaven was one... or i think that was it's name and indian dream, also another one who i can't remember the name from... >>

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I read Spawn, and some other thing that maybe only half counts. Marvel Mangaverse or something.....but eh, Spawn is better.

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    What comics do you read that aren't manga or mahnwa? As in comics that aren't Japanese or Korean in origin. OEL manga is fine, btw.
    I read chinese comic, like The Impacable Twins, The Legend of Condor Heroes, "Pendekar Hina Kelana"(that is Indonesian title, idont know these internatonal name maybe "smiling proud wonderer." These three has a nice story line and awesome graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Dragon View Post
    I never could get into Superman, myself. I just don't like him. Don't like his clothes, his stupid curl of hair in front, how nice he is, how "invincible" he is, but not, it's like, come on...why is stuff still being written about!? Sorry if anyone likes him...I just don't. I also don't like reporters...at least in comics. And West Wing
    I also do not like superman, i prefer asian comics than american