Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone Here Read Any Other Comics Aside from Manga?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Oooo, Maus! That's another one I've been meaning to pick up.

@ Jubes
    Cool. Hopefully, one of the libraries in my area has the volumes...

Eh, The Walking Dead is the only one I've read/am reading. I would read Sandman, because Gaiman's like, my favouritest author ever, but I can't find it so oh well.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Oooo, Maus! That's another one I've been meaning to pick up.
    Be careful, it's depressing, You know, the Holocaust and all. And then their's Persepolis.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

i read the deadpool and wolverine comics and the marel zombies

i never read western comics (watched lots of tv back when i was a kid). other than manga, i read traditional indian comics, there was Tinkle Digest which was MOST popular which had different stories with a few regular features. and then there was these series of books with indian mythology, folk tales and all the stories told through generations in comic form.

do webcomics count? like xkcd and stuff? i follow some of them....

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Yeah, web comics count. There are folks here who follow web comics as well. I don't read many web comics, but out of curiosity, aside from the daily and monthly updates, is there anyone out there who try to make a chapter every week? I've been wondering if anyone has tried doing a schedule like the Weekly Jump mags and so on.

oh no, i meant cartoon sort of comics...like xkcd, dinosaur comics or abstruse goose..
    there are loads that i've read and left but stuck to abstruse goose, and i keep checking xkcd from time to time too.

is there anyone who follows those?

Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Yeah, web comics count. There are folks here who follow web comics as well. I don't read many web comics, but out of curiosity, aside from the daily and monthly updates, is there anyone out there who try to make a chapter every week? I've been wondering if anyone has tried doing a schedule like the Weekly Jump mags and so on.
    Freakangels does but a "chapter" is like 5 pages. So you get these short bursts of pages instead of regular doses. I think I actually prefer that format to most webcomics with stories.

Web comics? Sr. Intestino (mr. intestine), he is drunk and cool.

I recently discovered a really neat little comic store where I live, but I'm having a hard time actually sticking to the western stuff still. Brian Wood's Channel Zero , Sin City and the old 40K monthly comics are the only things I've really liked so far... Superhero stuff just doesn't cut it for me. There are too many clichés, that even when just humoursly alluded to, really grate on my nerves. Like evil versions of existing super heroes, unobtainium weaknesses, and "darker and grittier" stories that try to come across as grey and grey, but still end up with the "good" guy winning 'cause he's the guy on the cover. No offence or anything, I just don't like it as a genre. :/

Webcomics are a different story at least. Xkcd, MuZz, After the Blastwave... Somebody should hire those croutons! :o