Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regantorian Let's Plays; Baroque

Regantorian Let's Plays; Baroque

There are some games which just don't make any sense no matter how hard you try and pick them apart. Be they intentionally confusing, mind-bogglingly horrible, only available in a foreign tongue, or all of the above, there is just something baroque and alien about how they even got funding to be made in the first place.

Reg loves those kinda games.

Baroque, latin for "Deformed Pearl", is a game for the Sega Saturn, released only in Japan in 1998, the same year as the system died in the US. It's a survival horror RPG and a roguelike, from a first person point of view, with really quite heavy horror themes sitting bob skeleton ontop of some really quite absurd and silly antics.

You play as a cloned angel zombie construct type thing, who is charged with climbing to the top of the Neuro Tower and putting an insane god out of his misery. The world is not as it once was, to say the least, warped and disfigured beyond any resemblance of reality. But the Neuro Tower is the very epicenter. The bottom of the pit. Home to the greatest horrors and the most twisted secrets.

And spines. Tasty spines and meats, for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I can't promise I'll lay it out for you. Reg cannot script, or read japanese for that matter. But I have a IRL Saturn and a video card, and you can come along for the ride...

((Note; These videos contain levitating booger manboobs to say the least. I would highly recommend against playing them straight towards your parents eyeballs or in work.))

Part one; Tasty Spines
    SPOILER! :

Part two; Snake Wheels and Booger Moobs
    SPOILER! :

Part three; Flappy Shoulder Jaw
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by Regantor; 03-12-2013 at 01:12 AM.

What even is your voice

At about the 3:53ish mark of the first video, I have a long bout of real voice.

Gweh, I would be lying if I said these videos were more than just a practice run and an equipment test which simply turned out just a tiny little bit better than expected.

If anybody wants in on the next recording, or wants me to irritate them in their own vids for some reason, I'm game, through, anyway. Hell knows I could do with a second person to actually ask all the blatantly obvious questions, like "good god wtf is going on". :I

If you need a person to just say "what is this" over and over again I'm pretty exceptional at that.

If you are serious, I guess I could set up somekinda livestream or something. Doesn't even have to be this game.

Still doing Enemy Zero with IRL freind, also, just waiting for a good time.
    Last edited by Regantor; 03-12-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Idk how it would work with timezones but I'm up 4 anything

I'm pretty well known for having an exceptional "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat" and "What does it mean?"

I'm pretty much exact GMT and free most nights between 7pm and 1am. Maybe a bit earlier if needed.

Gonna test how well the comp can handle streaming and screencap stuff tommorow. It's actually a complete piece of crap assembled out of junk parts, it just works well because I am a fantastic legendary supernova ultra transdimensional bitch... And it's not actually running any of the games, the systems themselves are doing that. -_-

But yeah. I'll link here or maybe just PM you with updates then, if ya still willing...
    Last edited by Regantor; 03-12-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Kodos would love to hijack a stream like he did with Seddy and the Kdscast.

I forced him to play Dongs.exe until he broke.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Man, I have been pronouncing your name "Re-jan-ator" all this time.
    Last edited by Superdooperphailmachine; 03-12-2013 at 11:22 AM.