Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forums.... Disappearing from the internet?

I stopped coming along cuz the hot guys don't post enough pics. That makes me sad. I also miss all my favourite artists posting, they just don't do it anymore.

sorry ill try to post more pictures of myself from now on

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    I also miss all my favourite artists posting, they just don't do it anymore.
    This is probably the main reason I'm not on as much as I used to be--and probably the reason I don't post a lot of art.

Obitual Crow/Mr. OC, Sutari, Iccy, Seefy, Cloudy, and Gabo always inspired me. I think only Cloudy still puts up art regularly.

Linz, your art inspires me too. In fact, my obsession with redheaded fantasy girls probably comes from this picture:
    SPOILER! :

(Slightly NSFW)

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    If MT ever dies (and it wont), I'm blaming it on you guys.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I'm just gonna blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I've got a job, I'm a full-time university student, and I volunteer about 10 hours a week. I've got more excuses, but yeaaah. The truth is that I just don't draw much anymore, so I don't really have much to contribute to the "main point" of this forum.

Seefy, I couldn't disagree with you more. The focal point of the forums has shifted completely toward socializing and away from artistic growth. I barely get one comment per 3 posts in my art thread, and I haven't seen a single damn post in a literary thread I opened several days ago that featured a piece I put several hours and 4 years of background story production into.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux
    The focal point of the forums has shifted completely toward socializing and away from artistic growth.
    That's what I was saying:
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox
    I just don't draw much anymore, so I don't really have much to contribute to the "main point" of this forum.
    The "main point" being art. I don't draw much, so I can't contribute to the furthering of the forum's original aim.

Well, since none of the active members post art except for Gunzet, the new main point is socializing, and I don't see the forums moving back to its original aim anytime soon. I feel like you're encouraging a shift back to an artistic focus, but I'm disagreeing with you. The point on this site is socializing, and the shift on a variety of forums have switched to socializing if they weren't already. I'm contesting the idea that this site is an art forum anymore, and I don't think it can even be considered one. It's a socialization forum with a section to post your art if you want to feel like shit (if you're only intermediate to advanced-intermediate) or if you're advanced to advanced-elite.
    SPOILER! :
    Then you don't have to worry about feeling like shit, we'll all suck your dick because you're better than we are.
    Tasteless (yet rightfully elicited) vulgarity in spoilers.

I dunno dude. I'm intermediate when it comes to manga &, I actually DO read the tutorials here. They help me stay sorted. I actually do read the artistic forums here too. I might not post, but I do find everyone's opinions helpful. To me, this site has a causal way of getting folks how like the same shit together & we all can learn from each other. Hell, some of the social forum events (like PIMP MY ART, 100 Manga Them Challenge& the Saimoe contests) alone will send us noobs and pre noobs on a quest to learn more techniques if you ask me. Even the general discussion threads can be artistically informative. Not always,but sometimes.
    I especially picking all of you whippersnapper's brains for current trends. I agree that this site is very social but the name Manga Tutorials is proper IMO.

I still say we go back to snail mail...or courier pigeon...maybe messenger? Do we get to PWN the messenger for bad messages....?