Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forums.... Disappearing from the internet?

Forums.... Disappearing from the internet?

Well...
    I wanted to discuss the fact that in a few years Forums will be all extinct? Or not?
    Facebook was all like a BOOM, and now people make events, choices, polls and other things on it.
    I'm writing this because from 2000 to 2010 I saw that Forums where like the biggest deal ever, I loved them too and I had a few where I was administrator, but with the coming of that biggest BOOM ever, now people are like "lazy" to write on forums?

Shut up Meg!

There will always be people with attention spans longer than the average Facebook post. I wouldn't worry about it.

What's Facebook?
    Maybe stuffs to be made for deviants soon
    http://trnal.deviantart.com

Actually, Facebook is kind of rising in a big way. I know people who set up accounts and use usernames and profile pics and treat peoples' statuses as basically open forums to chat and have big discussions.

nah forums have been around for a while i dont think they're going anywhere i mean ive been on this forum for nearly 10 years and im not going anywhere fuck you guys

Well uh yeah but still have you noticed that we only have a handful of active posters and the active posters aren't even all that active. Like I remember a few years ago every time you refreshed you would get like 20 new posts on a thread and now the threads progress so slowly I mean the spam thread has been around for what? 3 months? We used to go through 2 or 3 spam threads a month, sometimes a week if we were really active. I've noticed the active members on other forums I visit degrade entirely, I mean the only active forums I go to anymore are EDF and SA.

its also winter still the forum picks up during the summer and anyway why dont you go cry somewhere else if u think forums aren't good anymore don't you know where you are

Let's keep it civil here it is the GD after all

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    nah forums have been around for a while i dont think they're going anywhere i mean ive been on this forum for nearly 10 years and im not going anywhere fuck you guys
    I could read this without a depressing voice.