Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I might be going to AnimeBoston -- help!

I can take your criticism, which, if I say so myself, is quite harsh.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Anyone that insults you for going as a non-anime character probably has too much neck hair to cosplay in the first place so I wouldn't even worry.
    O_O

I think I'm giving the wrong impression about this. Yeah, at first I was worried cosplay was limited to legit anime, but people pointed out fast that that's not the case. As for The Last Airbender, I was referring to a topic on the old MT where someone corrected me and said it was an American comic with Asian influence. I was simply explaining that I was aware of the fact.

Plus how cool would this guy be to cosplay:

Yeah if you want I can punch you really hard in the eye.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Ahhhh, Zuko. If you go as him, prepare yourself for all the hordes of fan girls coming for you. Make a sword. It'll at least keep them at bay for a bit.

If I can give you some advice, if you're going to cosplay as that character, you should get an authentic looking eye wound, so you should let James punch you in the eye as hard as he can.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Ahhhh, Zuko. If you go as him, prepare yourself for all the hordes of fan girls coming for you. Make a sword. It'll at least keep them at bay for a bit.
    Are you being facetious, serious, or both? I didn't realize it was such a popular cosplay.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Yeah if you want I can punch you really hard in the eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    If I can give you some advice, if you're going to cosplay as that character, you should get an authentic looking eye wound, so you should let James punch you in the eye as hard as he can.
    Well in the story it was fire that gave him the scar, so if you have a flamethrower...on second thought, a punch would work.

Or, y'know, some good facepaint. But that's far less fun for jubeh.

Zuko Fan Club @ DA. Over 1000 watchers, around 800+ members. He has the most fan arts in DA clocking over 74000 images. Second place is Katara at a little less than Zuko. Sokka and Aang combined doesn't come near the other two. : )

Sooooo.... are you going to cosplay as him?

If you do, maybe you can cook something up with a candle and some bug spray. And maybe a Tesla coil to keep the fangirls away and to fulfill any fantasies of Zuko finally mastering lightning. But maybe he has. It's just that I haven't seen the fire nation saga.

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Zuko Fan Club @ DA. Over 1000 watchers, around 800+ members. He has the most fan arts in DA clocking over 74000 images. Second place is Katara at a little less than Zuko. Sokka and Aang combined doesn't come near the other two. : )

Sooooo.... are you going to cosplay as him?
    Well...yeah probably, unless I switch it up and do Aang. I always wanted a badass scar, and I'm sure I can survive a photo or two. Plus, if he's so popular won't there be tons of people going as him...or is that wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Xano View Post
    If you do, maybe you can cook something up with a candle and some bug spray. And maybe a Tesla coil to keep the fangirls away and to fulfill any fantasies of Zuko finally mastering lightning. But maybe he has. It's just that I haven't seen the fire nation saga.
    Security Guard: "What the hell was that?" *grabs me and incapacitates me*
    Me: "I'm the prince of the Fire Nation! I can bend fire."
    Guard: "You're in big trouble. You get one phone call."
    Me: "But my mom's gone and my dad hates me..."

Plus something tells me that will just attract attention

Hmmm, I don't know if there'll be a hoard of Zuko's but if you're having second thought... how about Scar?

You get to have a kickass tattoo too!