Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I might be going to AnimeBoston -- help!

Fenn
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Why do you care about getting recognized. Its way cooler to be a character that you like so the recognition is that much better, and also you wont be stopped as much for pictures.

Instead you should post a picture of yourself so we can just decide who you look like.
    The part about recognized anime was so I could recognize everyone else, not the other way around, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    Yeah that's a good idea. ^
    Quote Originally Posted by rio View Post
    Yes, I concur. Show uuuuuuuuuuus!
    Because I'm an internet safety FREAK, I'm gonna have to decline. Sorry, I'm paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Dragon View Post
    ^True, it would be helpful in giving suggestions.

Oh! I just remembered, a lot of people do video game characters at conventions, too. I saw some Snakes (is that his name, Metal Gear Solid dude?) and lots of Final Fantasy characters. You could go that route.
    Yeah, video game characters do well too. Kingdom Hearts, Snake (no "s" Blue_Dragon), Final Fantasy, Mario & Luigi, and so on. You can't go wrong with any of the popular ones. Heck, go as Kirby if you want. ;D
    I play a ton of video games so that might be a really good idea. I'll consider it my backup plan. Hm...I bet a Fire Emblem character would be awesome, its even manga-style! Hm...Eilwood, Marcus (lots of armor...), Nils, Pent, Ike...which character would be coolest? If I did a mage I could even carry a tome with me, hehe.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn View Post
    Because I'm an internet safety FREAK, I'm gonna have to decline. Sorry, I'm paranoid.
    Oh, don't be such a recluse! Put on sunglasses on if you really don't want to be recognized.

Fenn
    Oh, don't be such a recluse! Put on sunglasses on if you really don't want to be recognized.
    *runs away in shame*

Sorry, it's an eccentricity I must ask you to accept. Or ban me if u rly mad. (jk bout that last part )

Anyway, here's an idea (might be difficult though):

The difficulty with Fire emblem is the armor/gilding on the clothes. The articles of clothing themselves don't seem too bad.

Nah, I ain't mad. I like my privacy as well... (though there is one place where I did post my face....)

Yeah, it's the details that will make or break the costume. I've never made my own costume so.... I can't give much of an advice except maybe to start working on in now?

Go as Masa. he's a badass.

I have gone to an anime convention as Ace Ventura pet detective, I was stopped for photos every ten minutes.

Oh yeah, I remember you posting pics. You looked pretty fly in that getup man.

Fenn

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Superdooperphailmachine View Post
    I have gone to an anime convention as Ace Ventura pet detective, I was stopped for photos every ten minutes.
    That. Is. AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayashida View Post
    Go as Masa. he's a badass.
    Well, you tried...but I don't look like that at all. Quite badass though.

I'll keep thinking.

If you could get a japanese school uniform you could just be a delinquent in general.

Go as Phoenix Wright. All you need is a blue suit and slick your hair back to a point.