10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abby

5 50.00%
  • Ariane

5 50.00%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SaiMoe League 2013 Season 3 [Finals End and closing saimoe for now]

SaiMoe League 2013 Season 3 [Finals End and closing saimoe for now]

What is a SaiMoe Tournament/competition?
    - To find and pick the most "Moe" Character of all. Includes Both Male and Female Anime characters may it be human or not [as long as its cute]

ENTRIES
    Seeding 1

Name: Ismat Makaarim [Reg]

Bio/Personality: A half-demon from the desert land of Ardashir, Ismat is a short-pint thief with a consistently weird attitude and a bad habit of looting anything not bolted down, regardless of use or value. It's difficult to tell if she's actually just dumb and doing this to look tough, or really a much smarter person guising as an idiot so she can get away with it. Either way, she loves to stay inside of her comrades' personal space and loves to make use of her 'alluring' demonic genes; Despite the fact that she is barely over five foot tall and most people are disturbed by tieflings anyway. She's about eighteen or twenty years old, and limber as a qaudruple-jointed cat.

Likes: Your stuff being in her pockets, alcohol, climbing things, hiding under sofas, shade, stuffed animals resembling sheep.
    Dislikes: People touching her horns, anybody who doesn't like half-demons, water.
    [AUTO ADVANCE BY RANDOM BRACKET GENERATE]

Seeding 2

[Matt]

VS

[Iccy]

Seeding 3

[Blue_Dragon]

VS

Seeding 4

[JJJorgie]

VS

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL @@! You all did great xD!

- - - Updated - - -

Voting system is still the same. Overall we have 3 matches. Example of how to vote:

[Seeding 2]
    Illyana
    Candas - [Voted]

[Seeding 3]
    Sanera - [Voted]
    Vanya

[Seeding 4]
    Atiane - [Voted]
    Abby
    You can only vote for 1 character on each seeding. If I find a double vote then it will not be counted. Happy voting!
    Last edited by MiKuRu; 06-09-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Aw, up against Iccy first round. Darn.

Art-wise, I just got owned. Let's hope my writing holds out.

Lolwut, autopass... I really rushed the entry this time, so I'm not super confident, but yeah.

Sorry to anybody I voted against. Sometimes you just gotta go with whoever gives you that little spark of unusual flavor, which lets them explain things which aren't even in the written description... Or at least makes them feel more personable, I guess?

Overall, my favorite entry is probably Abby. Just look at that darling ghosty face. *v*
    Last edited by Regantor; 03-06-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Aww snap! The brackets are tight this go 'round! It's on and crackin'!

Most voters know what Saimoe is about by now, but for the benefit of potential newbie voters, shouldn't we have a short description in the opening post as to what is being judged in this contest? This is the first time we've lacked an explanation.

@ Matt : Noted. I'll add one asap.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Oh rats... the writing was supposed to count? (BTW, are Moe supposed to have boobs? Cause I wasn't sure...)
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Writing gives less skilled artists a chance.

I cordially request that all voters take the time to read our characters' bios. Also, look up the definition of "moe." It's like "cute" but in a way that inspires Platonic love. That's what this contest is about.

I agree with Matt, because the personality of the character is important when trying to judge how cute they are. I think it's like how Stitch (in Lilo and Stitch) is cute in spite of his destructiveness. The character can be odd and have it's own personality, while still being cute, and the biography is a part of that.

That's how I feel about it anyway.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I cordially request that all voters take the time to read our characters' bios. Also, look up the definition of "moe." It's like "cute" but in a way that inspires Platonic love. That's what this contest is about.
    I find it hilarious that a Bio is gonna make a better chance for less skilled artist. First of all you need to accept your limits, and ones you know you are not that skilled in the execution of your art work you can start accepting it to state your goal in the contest (example: get fun and experience) and also change your strategy, which get us on a second point. If you know you can't win in execution you can at least win in design, making the personality of your character stand on the design decision you took in its look, but this same principle is crippled if you make a bio (which you state it gave more fairness to "not so skills artists"), because a bio is gonna take the work from the "look" of the OC to a writing process making your own work less appealing. Even more I would dare to say that in this contest the people who should win are not the ones with the best execution, but rather the ones who made the best design decision, translating the personality of the character to its look.

Second, it may be named Sai Moe contest, but you need to accept the fact that people vote for what they want, and even if moe means "cute" I will vote for any one I believe its worth it. If you want it to win the one which is "cute", then pick judges, because people are going to vote for what they believe it should win.

To explain my point on "placing the personality in the design", I can take Wall-E as an example:
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oqPHUhx2wv...600/wall-e.jpg
    As you see, the look of the character tells us about it. It obviously not going to tell a in deep story of his life, but you can see the big eyes to try to win the "cute" element from the audience, the small cripple hands, the small body of 2 heads (almost taking proportions of a chibi character, again to gain the audience appeal) and finally the rusty colors and body. All this tell us a lot about the character by just looking the "how it looks". This is by far one of the most important elements, as the execution of the work can variate from each person, but the idea of making a character that it stay just by its look and it can tell us something just be how you made it, its way of a bigger challenge that I feel most people can take if they put their minds to work. But for this you must throw away the option of the bio.

Regardless this, people are going to vote for what ever they want, and even if they don't want to read the bio its gonna be okay because its fair. Its extremely fair in an open votation to expect that most of half the people are not going to read and they are gonna vote for sympathy, which is fair in this kind of situations.

(Remember how last year reg won? he basically didn't made the best execution, even so I can't remember the other contestants, but he made a fair fun to look at drawing, something different and something that it told us more about the OC with the image than the bio. If someone doesn't feel skilled with his execution, try this instead).
    Last edited by ClockHand; 03-09-2013 at 06:02 PM.