10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abby

5 50.00%
  • Ariane

5 50.00%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SaiMoe League 2013 Season 3 [Finals End and closing saimoe for now]

I'm rooting for Ariane. Very cute.

Semi Finals inbound ASAP! Good Job Ariane! Illyana did well too .

- - - Updated - - -

Semi Finals

[JJJorgie]

VS

Name: Ismat Makaarim [Reg]
    Bio/Personality: A half-demon from the desert land of Ardashir, Ismat is a short-pint thief with a consistently weird attitude and a bad habit of looting anything not bolted down, regardless of use or value. It's difficult to tell if she's actually just dumb and doing this to look tough, or really a much smarter person guising as an idiot so she can get away with it. Either way, she loves to stay inside of her comrades' personal space and loves to make use of her 'alluring' demonic genes; Despite the fact that she is barely over five foot tall and most people are disturbed by tieflings anyway. She's about eighteen or twenty years old, and limber as a qaudruple-jointed cat.

This is really a hard one! GOOD LUCK!

Thanks so much for the support, Sylux! And a big thanks to anyone that voted for Ariane last round!

Good job with your entry, Matt! I really loved her design, she was adorable
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Was? I haven't killed her off (yet). Anyway, thanks, JJ.

It's too early for me to be objective about Illy. Would anyone mind posting their voting process on the Illy/Ariane bout so I could learn from my loss and do better next time?

For that matter, I believe posting at least a basic idea of why we vote as we do would help everyone. It'd be awesome if each Saimoe season could come with increasingly adorable and likable characters, and knowing what to improve on could be a great start to that end.

On the current bout:
    SPOILER! :
    I feel this is a definitive round in Saimoe. Ariane is cute and Ismat is endearing, and I predict the match will be close. Personally, I haven't decided yet. I'll lay out my reasoning once I do.

Whoops, that should be "is". Illy IS adorable!

And, that's a real good idea, Matt! It'll be nice to see the voters' opinions and thought processes!

I voted for Illy because I slightly prefer the style that Matt chose... It was actually a really hard decision, through, don't get me wrong. I've voted for Ariane a few times before. And she certainly hits all the right notes on being cute 200%. But Illy just had that edge in my brain because... I guess I feel like she's memorable enough that you could still recognize her with different hair or clothes, if that makes any sense? She was a bit more personable in my mind.

All that said, Ismat is DETAIL RAVE like all of my designs, and again, I'm surprised that she has gotten as far as she has. The skill of knowing how to put down just a few lines in exactly the right places is not one to be underestimated, especially in a cuteness contest, and it's something you apparently have down to a tee, JJJorgie. x_x

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Semi Final poll is not up! You have three days to vote. Good luck you guys. : )

The Goddess demands Ariane be victorious.

(To be fair, I sat at the voting screen for about 5 minutes before I chose.)

Congrats JJJorgie (and Ariane)! You totally deserved that win.

May the sweet potatoes always smile upon yee. :3

(Also thanks for the two humans 'oo actually did vote Ismat anyway. You guys are awesomesauce.)
    Last edited by Regantor; 04-28-2013 at 01:57 PM.

Thanks so much, Reg!!! Great job getting so far with Ismat!