Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abby

5 50.00%
  • Ariane

5 50.00%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SaiMoe League 2013 Season 3 [Finals End and closing saimoe for now]

@ Clock: Okay, agreed--this way does keep the contest going and popular.

@ Mikuru: Sorry! Didn't mean to clutter up the place And I probably wouldn't have gone to the official thread to make any suggestions, just cause I *usually* don't like to cause trouble--I just go with it, in spite of my personal opinions. At the same time, I don't want you to think I don't (or people don't) appreciate the time and work you put into setting up the brackets! It's too complex for me to set up, that's for sure :I
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    @ Mikuru
    Let me know when you want the poll redone. :>

ROUND 2[Sorry I couldn't post it any sooner. Too busy with other things Dx.

WINNER BRACKET
    Seeding 1

Name: Ismat Makaarim [Reg]
    Bio/Personality: A half-demon from the desert land of Ardashir, Ismat is a short-pint thief with a consistently weird attitude and a bad habit of looting anything not bolted down, regardless of use or value. It's difficult to tell if she's actually just dumb and doing this to look tough, or really a much smarter person guising as an idiot so she can get away with it. Either way, she loves to stay inside of her comrades' personal space and loves to make use of her 'alluring' demonic genes; Despite the fact that she is barely over five foot tall and most people are disturbed by tieflings anyway. She's about eighteen or twenty years old, and limber as a qaudruple-jointed cat.

VS

[Iccy]

Seeding 2

[Blue_Dragon]

VS

\

LOSER BRACKET

VS

Seeding 4

[JJJorgie]

Good luck false and sorry again for the late post.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    New poll is up! 3 days to vote. Good luck to all. : )

Hey, btw, it's Ariane, not Atiane
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Would it help anyone if I explained my voting process?

SPOILER! :

Ismat isn't physically cute, but her personality is endearing; Candas is physically cute/sexy with a generic personality.

Ismat. Personality has always mattered more than appearance.

-

I have a thing for brown skin (and pet tigers), so Sabera gets a point there. However, her personality isn't defined; her story is guided by everyone except her.* Abby's not brown, but her personality is defined well and I find her very endearing.

Abby has my vote.

-

Vanya has a goal and a purpose, but nothing immediately endearing.** Ariane's bio is nice and short, but it doesn't say much either. It sounds I'm being introduced to a friend's friend, and said introduction matters much less than actually meeting the person in question.***

I vote Vanya.

--

* It's difficult at best to make a primarily passive character (e.g. Bella Swan) likable. "Woe is me, curse my curse" makes it even worse, because time spent complaining could be spent fixing the problem.

** Flaws are the easiest way to make a character endearing (not the only way, mind you). They make the character seem human and approachable rather than some flawless demigod or emotionless badass (compare pre-2013 Lara Croft to the current Lara Croft).

*** This is why Valve advertises Team Fortress 2 with "meet the [character]" rather than "be passively introduced to [character]." Watch those sometime. Valve is excellent at developing likable characters in a very short time.

@ JJJorgie oh sorry Dx. I thought I saw a t orz. Changing it from now on SORRY Dx....

@Matt Good! just put it down .

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Well Mat, I must give you my kudos. *Feels shamed 'cause I just vote for the ones I personally like more*
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Nah, you're doing it right. The ones I voted for were the ones I liked more, for the reasons I specified.

Really can't believe Ismat got through there. Thanks guys.

Abby is still my overall favorite this year so it's nice to see she's doing well, too. *u*