Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Callesthe's art (studies again!)

hehehe ohhh thank you both so much for the tips and crits, i've decided to make my next study about dynamic poses!!

sooo it's time for MC's three-day intensive workout!!!! this workout is something i plan to start doing more regulary. i need to build some dicipline!!! my attention span is short and i can never concentrate more than 3 days on one subject. that's why i plan a 3 day workout, and i demand myself to see a result after those three days of intensive practice!
    1) explore already acquired knowledge and boundaries
    2) discover and learn
    3) apply gained knowledge, evaluate and compare.

step 1, explore already acquired knowledge and boundaries. this is the least intensive day, just a warming up you might say, doodling about and find my boundaries. this step is very critical though, since it will help me discover where my knowledge stops and what i have to practice on.

SPOILER! :

next day get on to the serious business!! \0/

damn everyone im so sorry to be such a non active snail *cries*

i must get on here far more often aghh D: now hope the holidays will start soon for me so i get time to practice loads like i want to!

for now i'm working on a new drawing, hope you guys like and maybe tips to improve it c:
    the drawing consists of two characters btw but here is only one im working out now:

Nice! One major thing I notice is that the arms aren't the same length. The farther one is longer. Also, the shoulders seem a little too narrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

The reoccurring problem i've noticed that shows up a lot in your stylized work in particular is that you have a misshaped deltoid and it is usually rather small. The deltoid stretches from the shoulder and half way down to the bone where it attaches to an altered edge on the bone surface. This means that usually around a third of the upper arm should be rounded for the deltoid, maybe even a bit more when in an active state (rather than a round dimple at the top). Also the forearms tend to get a bit linear, you may want to look into the extensor and flexor groups which compose the forearm. Other than that, there is little else I feel the need to comment on.

Well it's kinda very awkward to be confronted with your old work...

Thank you jorgie and jamesu, it really helped a lot and I'll continue to pay attention to it :3

A new thingy which i plan to finish!

This is looking promising so far! Only thing is the thumb, and her breast are a bit too small/circular, and too high up. especially her left breast. Might wanna flip the canvas to check ;D

OOOO yes! I agree with Iccy, this looks awesome! I can't wait to see it finished! I love your art on deviantart i'm sure you know, but this is awesome. The pose seems like it has more of a natural flow to it than some of your previous work. Before some of it occasionally seemed a bit stiff, so nice improvement. I second Iccy again about the thumb, also check the (our) left hand because it looks a little small in comparison to the rest of the body... tho maybe thats just me. =-=

@Dhb: thank you so much for the confidence in me! I adjusted the drawing according to your tips, as far as it was possible, and i hope it works better now!

@Cora: when doing the lining I chose to draw it a bit bigger, I hope that it turns out right like this c:

Here's the basic division of the colours, they are by no means the definite colours, more an indication of the lighting coulour c:

I decided to join Iccy's superawesome improve challenge thing, and because I couldn't wait for holidays I decided to already start now! Sadly my first ten thumbnails i made disappeared, so i had to do ten more again to reach my daily 20. But hey, I needed to get used to thumbnailing any way, so that was my warming up XD

SPOILER! :

I can't environment OTZ

Quote Originally Posted by Callesthe View Post
    I can't environment OTZ
    hahahahahaha!!!!! no. You rock! Yeah, these studies are looking great. I'd add more variety. Especially in the shape and type of the buildings as well as the view points and perspectives Maybe do some from different views you'd see on city streets since most all of these so far are nature-y
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!