Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Callesthe's art (studies again!)

@ gaff: ahh sadly yes it was a bit too late, i had to hurry for the deadline so i hadn't had the change to read and concider your reply :c though thank you so much for taking the time to reply any way :3 and hehe yess i always got problems to make legs look detailed, so hard to come up with nice sweet details for legs D:

@ demon: hmmm totally true, i had fixed it for the final version, thank you for mentioning :3 hehe yes i should draw more smooth drawings but i'm always too lazy to come up with an interesting pose, simple standing people are much more simple to do for me XD buuuuuuut i got sketches with more complex poses, i might want to upload them any time so people here can also see some of my traditional art c:

for now a standing person with stiff pose again, because i wanted to reply to lovely reactions and this is the only thing i got to upload now, which has finishing potential XD ~

i always got a lack of inspiration on backgrounds. normally i fill them with patterns or simple creatures and leafs, so if anyone got suggestions i'll gladly hear them :3

updateeeeee yup yup. still doubting on the bg, probably something surreal or abstract, i'm not really planning to do a realistic bg :/

Yeah, you could make a checkered background to really push home the pattern motif. Use yellow to make it pop, or purple to make it sink in--etc., etc.

I feel like you should step out of your comfort zone a bit (I've checked your DA), and do a few dynamic anatomy studies. You could start by googling images of athletes and going from there.

awww thank you for the reply!! hehe yes yes though i don't want it to be too checker-ish.. maybe stripes will do, or something completely else ^^ i'll have to see though :3

also hmmm i decided to do a bit more dynamic drawing then, i hope it will turn out like something nice :3

It all looks kind of unbalanced and it's hard to tell exactly what's happening. The facial expression doesn't seem to match the torso, which doesn't seem to match the lower body, which doesn't seem to match the facial expression. The eye on the left looks a little mishapen; also, it shouldn't be that much longer than the other in length and it should be the same height as the other. The breasts are pretty angular. The forearm on the left looks a little thicker/wider than the upperarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

ahh thank you for the critique! i'm going to adjust the eye. for the body, i don't understand what you mean :/ if you mean the torso, the torso is meant to be twisted, as it's a twist midair ^^" twisted torsos doesn't necessarily mean the pose is unbalanced... if i'm understanding it the wrong way, i'd appreciate it if you could point out exactly why it doesn't match since now i only know it doesn't, while not really sure as to how to adjust :c also, the lines at hight of the upper torso aren't meant to be boobs XD they will have no service in the final drawing, since they are rough indications of the pectorals, as they help me to get the deltoids in the right angle XDDD

I know the torso is meant to be twisted, but the body as a whole doesn't appear to be jumping. It seems awkwardly stiff. Did you have a reference for this pose?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

ahh okay, i might try and look into it then, maybe even adding some little changes might help a bit, though it's hard for me to change when i don't know how. no, i didn't use a ref for the pose. childrens refs are veeeeery hard to find, especially good action poses in which anatomy is easy enough to spot :/

Pointing the toes downward a little would help it feel as though he were off the ground. And depending on which way he was going--having just jumped up, or beginning to fall down, then some of the clothes could indicate that...um...how do I put it, by being "blown" either up or down, depending on which part of the jump he's on? Did any of that make sense what-so-ever?

Anyway, I like what you got so far. I agree with Jjjorgie, though--a little bit more to the expression might help us understand if he's angry and attacking someone or not. Unless he's like under a spell and is intentionally emotionless?

I like your style in general, though. It's different
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 03-23-2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Had to fix something. Blah. That tells a lot.
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

mc

these are all so wonderful
    poses are bit stiff, try to soften gestures a bit to look more natural and pleasing to the eye

all those studdies are amazingggg! hehehe keep doing them

huggiesss u already know how much i love you welcome to mt there is a lot to know here
    (}_{)
    (>.<)
    (___)0 VOID "Every act of creation, is first of all an act of destruction" - Picasso
    http://bunnyvoid.deviantart.com/