Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Strange job oppertunity

"If it's too good to be true, it usually is." -Murphy's law

So its true?

Had an awful dream last night. Well I'm certain it was a dream, but it felt very real. I woke up sometime in the early morning because I kept hearing this awful scratching sound. I figured my dog was trying to get into my room and was scratching on the door, but I could see him laying down in a pile of dirty clothes so that wasn't it. That's when I realized the top of my head was opened up. I felt a cool breeze along my brain and tiny bits of force stroking against it. There was a person who had opened up my head and was scribbling in it. As soon as I realized that, he or she slammed my head shut and I don't remember anything after that.

I also dreamed about me using kung-fu to beat up some gangsters but anyway.

I left a message last night before I went to sleep, but I didn't get a callback. I got a text from the same number telling me a time and a place. I can't stress how shady and unprofessional this is, but now I'm running on pure curiosity. I looked up the address and I know this building. It used to be a beauty salon but has been for lease for years. I drive by it on the way to school.

Still deciding whether I should bother going down there or not.

Dude, do NOT go.
    It's probably some criminal bullshit.
    that, or some crazy ass cult that wants to sacrifice you to a god of death and destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Baron View Post
    that, or some crazy ass cult that wants to sacrifice you to a god of death and destruction.
    Doesn't sound bad at all.

Well when dealing shiesty situations such as this, a little recon couldn't hurt. Creep past there & see if it even looks like there's a legit business there.

You dream sounds like something out of Super...

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    Still deciding whether I should bother going down there or not.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Lol. VGHS was awesome. ^

Err well we had a power outage so I decided to go down there because without electricity I basically have no life. I didn't really think it would be very dangerous because this is a really busy road in our town and it was the middle of the day, so.

The building itself is really confusing. There are two doors and no real way to see inside the building, and I didn't know where I was supposed to go in. That's when it hit me that if I was about to get mugged or something I probably would only have one escape route, and I started to have second thoughts. And then I realized I've always wanted a legitimate reason to beat the shit out of somebody so I kept onward.

Guessed wrong on the first door. It was the old salon. The uh... hair-cutting chairs and everything were still there. Big mirrors and all.

The second door was a really cramped office, and when I walked in I heard a bell chime, and a bunch of shuffling sounds from the backroom. It wasn't Brooke, but some dude I've never seen before. He seemed like a nice guy. He was dressed like a typical salaryman although his suit jacket was super oldschool with like elbow patches and everything.

I told him about how I got the number of the business from Brooke, and there was this really awkward silence where I realized he had no idea who I was talking about. He said this was a new branch, and that she was probably from a different one. I guess that makes sense?

I asked him straight up what Firewalk Fuels was and what the job would be.

Scam.

Well if not a scam its something I couldn't see myself doing. He talked about how they didn't offer fuel for cars, or grills, but for the soul. I decided I'd had enough, and I wasn't going to deal with some weird hippy bullshit so I told him there on the spot it wasn't the job for me, and left. He seemed kind of disappointed but there are lots of people looking for jobs in Baytown so he shouldn't have a problem roping in somebody stupider than me.

Just now googled soul fuel and I see a bunch of religious stuff. Ugh. This is the south after all.

One thing that I noticed was he used a word that sounded like 'mithra' a bunch of times. I say it sounded like that because when he said it he like stuttered, though idk how to explain it.

This is what wiki says about mithra

Mithra (Avestan: Miθpa) is the Zoroastrian divinity (yazata) of covenant and oath. In addition to being the divinity of contracts, Mithra is also a judicial figure, an all-seeing protector of Truth, and the guardian of cattle, the harvest and of The Waters.
    Or maybe he was saying something else?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    WHERE IS SHE!!!?!
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

broken image