Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Strange job oppertunity

Strange job oppertunity

I broke up with my first girlfriend when I was, like, 11 I think. I admit that any relationship before you find out what your weiner for probably doesn't count, but the reason I remember it so well is because how funny it was. I called her that day fully intending to break up with her. She answered the phone, and then told me we needed to talk.

After she broke up with me I said, "This is great. I was planning on breaking up with you, as well!" and she became extremely upset. How could you break up with me? Don't think you think I'm pretty?

Anyway, the reason I bring this is is because I saw her the other day at work. This is only a little bit strange, because we went to the same schools until sophomore year when I moved about 30 minutes away to Baytown. Despite the drive being relatively short, I didn't see many people from my old town very often. They had a much closer, better Best Buy right around there.

We exchanged the typical pleasantries you usually do when you haven't seen anybody for a while. She was looking for a camera, and I was just learning about cameras so I joked about how I wasn't going to be much help. She must have picked up that I wasn't happy about having to sell cameras instead of working in video games (where I was before), and she hinted that her work was hiring. After the sale she slipped me a business card and that was that.

I end up with a lot of business cards from pyramid schemers, network marketers, and product representatives; My trash can is full of them. This one founds its way into my wallet.

I was pretty disappointed when the website on the card didn't exist. Also disappointed in myself for not even asking what her company actually did. Firewalk Fuels sounds like a propane company, and thanks to King of the Hill I figured I would have a slight advantage in grasping the basics, I tell you h'what.

When I called the number I got a machine, but it said to only leave a message if I was an applicant.

Should I leave a message or what?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    What do you have to lose?
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I guess I'm worried its some sort of scam or something

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Yea, sounds pretty suspect to me, what with the website being non-existent, and the machine pickup. But they have cards apparently, but anyone can have cards and have someone distribute them to potentials... I dunno.

Sketchy, bruv.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Last time I got a business card the entire site was in spanish. Also the dude gave me some big speech about how he makes thousands of dollars on the side, but for some reason still keeps his shitty day job at a bank.

Make an enquiry to you tax agency. They should bebe able to tell you if it's a legit business androughly what the company is doing.

Err how do I do that?

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Find her on Facebook? Inquire further with her?

I dont really do the whole facebook, and the only number I got was from the business card. I'm just gonna leave a message and see what happens. Worst case scenario is I waste gas going to a bunk interview.

If yo had not known her kind of personally, I'd wager that this is a scam. But, it's weird that she would even give you a card & there's just a machine & no site. maybe it's a new business & they haven't got all there stuff together yet. I dunno...sounds a little sheisty to me. If it were me, since it seems like a dead end, I would file 13 it. Unless they call you dude.