Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How's my personified chibi?

ok so I finished my dog and finally got time to put it up here.

this is Princess Kyra Piddlesworth in the sketch I drew:

bw Kyra

And here is a quick digitally inked version:

inked

what's your guys' opinions on my sketch? and lol on my inked version?

any tips?
    Last edited by Maxx_Wellington; 02-24-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Its Cute, i mean the second pic.The first pic feel gloomy. Try bright colors.

Edit:
    My advice: Third pic is cute too but 4th (inked pic), like i just say, try different color or make this dark color a lil soft using gradien or shadow.
    Last edited by Reset; 02-25-2011 at 04:41 AM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Here's a tip: Don't use full black for anything but the lines that you used to draw the character. If you want to use black for coloring, pick a shade of black that's a bit lighter than true black (#000000). That way, you can add shading and highlights nicely.

Cute! It turned out nicely. :thumbs up:

Comparing to the first drawing, you've improved much ^_^

hmm.. ok, we can draw the eyes in a different way so Kyra will look more feminine. Chibies usually look innocent, try to find the eye style that fits her.

Good job =)

Thanks Reset, Rio and Yara.

I will try it without full black... however like I said, it was my first inking trial ever.. it was hard just to get it paintable because of how it scanned.... does anyone has tips for that?

Try scan it with "Black and White Photo"-Document-Type Setting. Don't use Full Color Photo Setting. So the result only has two color, and its more easy to edit before printing it. Umm, are you using software or coloring it manually for the 4th pic?

Well I used photoshop and just coloured it with their fill tool. But a friend suggested to use my tablet.

as for the scanning, I'll try that but normally it ends up with me having missing parts. like the bottom of the feet or something

Ahh I got problem like that before, you must use bold type pencil than using hard type for it missing part to be appear, or just inked it before scaning.

k thanks Reset

U welcome