Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's my personified chibi?

Hybrid View

Question How's my personified chibi?

ok so I had an idea that inspired me to look online on how to draw chibi dogs. anyways, I saw this pic of a little girl in a dog suite and I thought "That would be AWESOME!!! I can totally make a pic of what my dog would look like as a little chibi girl dressed in a dog suite. so I ended up drawing this:

Photobucket

and my dog is a min pin... dunno if I should add a pic of her...

Anyways.. any advice ?
    Last edited by Maxx_Wellington; 01-31-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Since you used HTML, I just set the width and height to a smaller size. It would be best tough, to have the image saved at a small smaller image size in the first place before posting. If you have something like GIMP or Photoshop, just go to Image > Image Size or Scale Image. You can set the width or height to something smaller (around 600-800 on the largest side is the best way to go).

Anyways, it looks cute. Maybe you should add a crown just to show that she is a princess. Btw, if you want critique's, it's best to post in the Critique Corner. C:

Thanks will do it all

I still find it really lean and such, not really instant-love cute... how would I get it insta love?
    Last edited by Maxx_Wellington; 01-28-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Maxx Wellington's second try

Ok, so I tried to fix the pic

Photobucket
    Last edited by Maxx_Wellington; 02-24-2011 at 03:53 PM.

You're going in the right direction for sure. Generally, when drawing chibi's, they're about two heads tall (i.e. you draw two circles, the same size, one on top of each other). One head, you draw the body, and the other head is for drawing the characters face. I suggest you try drawing the rest of the image. Anyways, here's some inspiration.

A problem I am having with drawing the rest of the body is mainly knowing where to put the hands. I mean I want the girl excited, but I dunno if "two hands in the air" would be best... but thanks for your help Rio

How about doing something like this:

The star and the three lines also express joy so you can use one of those to add excitement to your drawing.

gonna make the star into a heart but I like the first one. Still unsure about the arms... will have to try it and see

Thanks though Rio. You are, although the only, the best help I've got since I came back

I think it's cute

Thanks Dark_Deception