Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think about your boss?

What do you think about your boss?

So I do design & layout for large format print. At least, that's what I was hired for anyway. I've actually been doing more printing than design (don't get me started...) & now my boss is saying I need to get proofs out to customers in 5 minutes in between printing crap (and mean HUGE signage & vehicle wraps). Come on...FIVE MINUTES? I'm quick...15-30 minutes tops...but five is ridiculous. Unless it's more than layout. Personally the guy is cool. I even know his family. But this crap is working my nerves.

Having said that, what do you guys think of your employers? Feel free to get all mad about it too.

Well, you could outsource the work to a bunch of chinese people or mexicans for about 20% of your pay, or you could tell your boss that it's basicly impossible to get those proofs in that time. just sayin'.

Ha. Wish I could outsource to BCT or Tiger Print (though they suck. man I just realized that I paraphrase a LOT.). Had that talk about impossibility this morning. And then dude took like 30 minutes trying to show me how to get it done in 5 lol! Nah. he's good dude. It's his bosses dropping the hammer on him. As you may know, shit rolls down hill. I've designing & proofing at normal speed & he hasn't mentioned it again since he basically proved himself wrong.

But that's my boss what about yours HB? Or teachers? IDK. There's a lot young ins on this site...

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    I have teachers AND a boss..... don't get me started.

(BLACK, YOU'RE EVIL... Why'd you even start this thread?)
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

heheheh...I was fresh out of that discussion about me doing 5 minute proofs. Come on Rebel! Let it all go man!

But seriously...

Could you actually touch up this old picture in 5 minutes? I'm a bad dude, but I aint that bad. I've been at it for about 20 minutes now & I haven't even begun to restore this thing.
    Last edited by Black_Shaggie; 02-05-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Pffffffft.... sure I can. It's called photoshop!

(Seriously thouhgh, that's insane)

Anyways, how the heck is this related to your job?

Well, we do a lot of different stuff. This is going to be 2 24x18" canvases & 1 60x40". got to get it set up to stretch & proof to the customer before we print. This isn't the norm though. We don't get this many vintage stuff.

They... want a canvas of that? X____X I can see your nightmare now.

Yessir. I mean I can do it, no problem but it's gonna take about and hour or so of uninterrupted concentration.

Now come on Rebs! Tell us about your teachers & bosses!

I know my bosses so well that we talk pretty much like family do. I mean that in a sense that I can yell at them and its okay. I think any normal boss would fire me for saying that the schedule was shit, but mine don't. These are people I've known for 4+ years.

Some of the other department supervisors I don't really get along with, but it doesn't effect me since I'm not part of their staff. The general manager is kind of weird. He's younger than most of the other managers and if you talk with him you'll be stuck talking for like 45 minutes, but he's not a bad guy. He's extremely short, but can be really intimidating some times.