Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think about your boss?

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    My boss is quite nice. We all get stressed out and cranky at the office sometimes, but that doesn't mean that we dislike each other. I think all of the people I work with are great, especially since they are very understanding of the diversity between us all.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    I have had the same job at the same company in the same store for 5.5yrs now. I have had 9 store managers, 15 assistant managers, and 6 district managers.

Almost all of them I have hated.
    Boss 1: was the one that hired me and would yell at me to go faster and do more but then turnaround and tell me a joke or have me read her palm. I liked her still.
    Boss 2: was a noob that was so out to be the best he bypassed a lot of policy and screwed us over big time. I hated him.
    Boss 3: was diabetic. He would remind us and use that as an exscuse for EVERYTHING!!! "I can't be going to much because I am diabetic and . . .". He would also talk your ear off and if he was scolding you he did it in a scary ass calm way. Hated it.
    Boss 4: was cute but he was like super dominant and had to show it in every way possible. I don't care about who is dominant because fuck that this hat won't crochet itself.
    Boss 5+6: were never in the store more than an hour a day. They sucked.
    Boss 7: would talk you in a circle. You ask about more hours and he would some how get you to sports. He was also the one that was asking people if I was gay.
    Boss 8: was a good guy but he refuses to hold anyone accountable and thought what ever a person did as far as work was all you could get from them so everyone slacked off. Kinda miss him.
    Boss 9: is the best boss thus far. We have the same aesthetic and merchandising eye and priorities. We were talking to each other about what to put on an endcap as a tie in so we went to an aisle and said "doilies" at the exact same time. This one will be the hardest to say goodbye to because she is the first one to see my worth and it will be my fault for the sadness.

I have found out that every single one of these bosses except #9 have purposely held me back from getting promoted. It's disgusting to me that they would screw me over because I was the only one willing to do the work or go above and beyond without really being told to. #9 is pushing for me to become a merch manager but I am now so jaded that I just can't do it. I am tired of retail and I need to move on or I will probably regret it forever.

Dag...sounds like teh "Too many Chiefs not enough Indians" syndrome. If I to deal that many (I only have two & I only see the one) I'd go postal.

999 Knights Member indescribable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    My boss is quite nice. We all get stressed out and cranky at the office sometimes, but that doesn't mean that we dislike each other. I think all of the people I work with are great, especially since they are very understanding of the diversity between us all.
    What kind of diversity?

We have two gay guys, a trans girl who came out at a meeting, someone from Australia, wide age diversity, majority women (all female admin and managers too), and ethnic "minorities" are actually the majority.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    That sounds like a badass workplace. What do you do, again, Seefs?

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I'm a copy editor at a newspaper, which means I edit each article multiple times for spelling, style, and grammar mistakes before it goes in print.

My boss is such a dick all he does is sleep all day and eat Cheetos on the couch watchin' Kenichi

My boss got all twitchy & flipped out on me a little today. He was micromanaging...which although I hate....I hate it even more when he stands behind me & micromanages over my shoulder. Boy...I wanted to...well...he's actually a nice dude & I know his bosses are giving him shit right now so...whatever.

Shit still rolls downhill though.

My current boss is a total fuckwit.

I'm the technician at work, but all my boss cares about are sales. So he makes me sell shit as well. I literally have 3 days a week to get through my technician duties, most of the time 2 of the 3 days he makes me sell anyway. I have approximately 97 jobs running at the moment and I'm the only one that can do them. We have another 6 salespeople, but despite that he makes me sell. On top of that, the rare moments I'm in my tech bay I get the cashiers call me to put photos through the printer because they couldn't possibly call anyone else to click a fucking box. And then I get all the salespeople come in to ask me things they should be asking a manager, but the manager sends them to me because I actually take the time to resolve the issues they bring to me. Then I get a plethora of customers yelling at me because their computer "broke", when in reality they have fucked with the BIOS or installed a virus onto the system. Or the lovely customers that call me, screaming blue murder because their computer is taking more than a week to get repaired even though I told them that it could be a 6-8 week wait depending on parts availability. My tech bay is a mess, I get the salespeople dump all their shit in there. Empty cans of drink, signs they no longer need, broken computers without any paperwork to tell me what is actually wrong with it.

Then when I fall behind in either of my duties, he has a go at me. I'm doing 2 full-time jobs 5 days a week and it's just not good enough for him, I don't know what I can do because it is just seriously draining me. I don't understand why every single job I get, my bosses like to run me into the ground. Not to mention that I'm not being paid right.

I'm getting very close to snapping and telling him to shove his job right up his fucking arse.

EDIT: I know this is a necro, just really needed to vent that.
    Last edited by Aether; 05-15-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory