Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Active Art Forums

Welcome back again

as for forms most of the ones I know of have already been mentioned. I feel like conceptArt.org is probably my favorite one, lots of great artists and helpful critique.

Ctrl+paint used to have a nice forum too, but it had some issues so it got taken down. I think they still have a DA community though - http://www.ctrlpaint.com/community/deviantart-group/

Quote Originally Posted by darkmousysminion View Post
    Clockhand: heh heh 4chan is more notorious than it is active but I may check it out just to make sure...I'm a little apprehensive.

definitely check it out, however a word of warning: if you're looking for criticism, some may be quite harsh and blunt. It's usually constructive however, try posting a WIP in the draw thread or something and see how people respond.

4chans "bad" behavior usually comes from /b/ and the other popular boards which are infested with 12 year old boys, it's not nearly as bad when you look at the smaller boards. /ic/ is a really tight knit community full of grumpy asshole artists, it's great

4chan is insanely active. But I agree its /b/ section is crapped with shitfags who think that Dolan was funny past the first 5 minutes of its inception. 7chan's /b/ board is much, much better. People actually associate themselves with a name-identity! Finally, you know exactly which channer posts the stupidest shit of all the stupid shit posted! And his name is mudkipz9001!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Would probably make a wide turn from 4chan if you're looking for a professional community.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Would probably make a wide turn from 4chan if you're looking for a professional community.
    or you could stop being biased and check out the art board if you want to learn alongside many other beginners and also professionals that browse the /ic/ board

there's an /ic/ skype group as well

Yea you're right, I am biased. I don't like 4chan at all, lol. Makes it quite obvious why I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

This is the day when MT is going to get even more divided.

Pick your side and get your torch.

It's all friendly debate-n-opinion which naturally divides people anyway, but I don't think there would be need for a torch, unless an argument decides to crop up. And it won't.
    <My comic

Place your bets now on which party will win the debate (Riot)!

Entry fee is 5 MTCredits

Fuck you Gunzet I used to be a /b/tard and a 4fag >:(