Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Active Art Forums

Active Art Forums

Hey guys. I'm estimating that 25% of the MT community remembers me, IF I'm lucky. I've tried quite a few times to revive myself on here but, paradoxically, I keep dying because life keeps getting in the way. Imagine that.

Anyway, I had a question for everyone. I love this forum so much that I used to be a moderator on here with an excessively long art thread. Since college, I haven't been active online and only what with my recent graduation have I been able to get back on the interwebz. I will stay on here if I can start an art thread without flaunting artwork and actually critiqueing other people but does anyone know of other active art forums? Perhaps ones not focused on anime and manga? I'll rephrase this:

Are there other artistic forums that you may frequent or just have seen that are alive with a decent amount of members and activity?

I sincerely appreciate any replies to this thread and thanks for your time. To those who recognize me :hug:

4chan (/ic).
    And one of illustrators that I can't remember.

To my knowledge, DeviantArt has a pretty big forum with a huge amount of members. Whether it's helpful or not, though, I don't really know; never really took the time to use it.

I remember you as well, but it's been a while that my memory of you and your works is pretty foggy.
    よろしく

I remember you. But anyways you should totally check out CGPersia.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    The only ones I know of are the big ones like CGsociety and ConceptArt.org. You may also want to try ImagineFX.

Welcomes back~~
    Even though it may be just a short time...

Oh yeah and The CG Society actually has a really great newsletter so when you sign up make sure to check the box for it.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Cghub
    CGfeedback.org
    DA
    CA.org
    Polycount (mainly 3d artist)

Also welcome back for the 500th time, Chii.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmousysminion View Post
    I will stay on here if I can start an art thread without flaunting artwork and actually critiqueing other people
    Meh - Cype and Gunz have taken the mantle of flaunting their work so you posting your stuff won't be any different.

Wow, thank you everyone for the replies! I have a lot of leads to explore now.

Clockhand: heh heh 4chan is more notorious than it is active but I may check it out just to make sure...I'm a little apprehensive.

Ceta: I've tried deviantart but I think only certain parts of the forum are active. The sections I'm interested in seem to have sporadic users at best. I might also just have trouble with how incredibly HUGE the whole place is. It's a little daunting to navigate.

Cylux: ooo sounds promising. Thanks for the tip .

Rio: Rioooooooo :glomp: it has been a while, thank you so much for the warm welcome! I'm hoping I can stay on here as well, the past few times I've just had crazy life-altering circumstances so it was hard to be part of anything online.

Gunzet: A nice set of possibles, thanks! You've given me a definite direction to head, much appreciated.

Pfff and thank you I can't say I didn't deserve that. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to stay online when you're packing internships, a full load of college classes, and multiple trips across the country. I'll try and make sure there isn't a 501st time.

In regards to your other comment Rio: it's settled then. I'll make a new art thread .

Quote Originally Posted by darkmousysminion View Post
    Ceta: I've tried deviantart but I think only certain parts of the forum are active. The sections I'm interested in seem to have sporadic users at best. I might also just have trouble with how incredibly HUGE the whole place is. It's a little daunting to navigate.
    Yeah, that's pretty much the main reason why I didn't continue using it. It's probably an all right forum, though, if one gives it a chance. But, since you've already tried, I won't say any more.
    よろしく