Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: why is it so hard to draw

Teen Member

why is it so hard to draw

like the title says why is it so hard to draw i mean i've been practicing here and there but i've mostly been doing tracing. i can picture the drawing in my head but when i go to draw it it looks crap or it doesn't look anything like it i wonder why that is. Artist how are you so good at drawing did it just come to you naturally or what?

If it was easy there would be nothing special about it

Teen Member
    well i figured that but i'm trying to learn how to draw because i cant find anyone to draw my manga for me. i've been practicing but it's difficult

It only gets harder, really. Consider if you actually tried to make a living as a comic artist. There are deadlines you have to deal with, editors, and any anatomical errors you make are on display for everyone in the world to make fun of like we do in the chatterbox.

If you want an easy job you should stop drawing and get on that business degree.

Sucker Tip: It doesn't mater the quality of your drawing, but how you tell the story (for comic and mangas).

Edit: What jubeh said, it gets harder. I'm not even professional or even good, and I'm already thinking that suicide would be a good option to deal with the deadlines and awful producers/editors.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 12-28-2012 at 09:26 PM.

Also, it's a skill that takes years to develope. Unless, you're a miracleworker, it's going to take more than practicing "here and there" to really get great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Teen Member
    well this isnt going to be my job its just going to be a side thing that i'm working on im actually planning on becoming a game designer but if i could draw my manga and get it published then it would be pretty cool.

Take it from a dude who had similar plans -- choose one.

Teen Member
    well if the manga thing doesn't work out like if i cant find someone to draw it then i'll just make it into a book. im already on the 6th chapter about to be on 7th the only problem with writing a book is that im not very good at describing things. and i hear that some books have become anime shows/ cartoon though i'd rather it be a anime show.

Also, probably both sides have the same end: if you are not really committed to it, you are going to suffer a hell.