Yes, i am fully aware there is a topic on this very subject here but i don't like jacking other peoples threads and i have a bit more in depth to to my questions.

Ok so i am looking at buying a tablet. Thing is i already own a tablet (an Adesso CyberTablet 12000) but i recently i upgraded to Windows 8 and anytime i try to use the tablet (literally the stylus tip gets anywhere near the drawing surface) i get a BSOD. Inquiring with Adesso Tech support i was told that product is no longer supported and they aren't going to update the drivers anytime soon.

This puts me in need of a tablet that will work with Windows 8. being that i am an inconsistent hobbyist, it's hard to justify paying a lot for it, in spite of that though i have found two (seemingly) good choices; Adesso Cybertablet Z12, and Wacom Bamboo Capture. both of these are in my price range and seem to be very good products (my Adesso was pretty great up until this WIN 8 issue and Well Wacom has an all but monopoly on the graphics tablet industry for a reason) but to be honest i'm not sure which would better suit my needs.

Both are the same price ($80-$100 depending on where you buy) and before spending that much i would like to get the best product for my needs but the tablet i have right now was a gift and i'm still new to tablets in general so i'm not sure what matters more. the main difference between the two seems to be the drawing area (bamboo has 5.8" x 3.6" wheras the Z12 has 10" x 6.25"), multi-touch support (bamboo has it but Z12 does not), and customizable hot keys (Z12 has them bamboo doesn't).

so any advice, as a final note a list of what i liked/disliked about my old tablet and things i used it for.

Liked
  • Large Drawing area

Disliked
  • Device felt large and clunky

Uses
  • Inking
  • Coloring
  • Writing (never felt as comfy typing as using handwriting)
  • if possible stand in for touch screen use in Win 8

well anyways thanks for any advice in advance.