Thread: Sunny's Art Haven V2

Sunny's Art Haven V2

I don't know whyyyy but it won't let me post in my old thread. SO, here we go...

I know her lips suck. So does her nose. I think her eyes are too far apart, maybe? I'm not really good with this eye thing....

Anyone have tips on lip shapes?

I'm really not good with faces.

As for this one, I wanted to try a new style....

I think it turned out okay. Is there any particular mood you guys get from this? What do you think of the style?

This was an illustration for a book. I kind of feel that maybe the girl on the right's feet seem to not hold as much weight as they should. Any thoughts on it?

Last one here. I need to fix the shoulders....but if anyone has any other thoughts, that'd be great.

Last edited by Sunny; 01-16-2013 at 03:00 AM.

eh none of the images r appearing

Hmmmmmmmmmm. LET ME TRY THAT AGAIN. Can you see them now?
    Last edited by Sunny; 01-16-2013 at 03:01 AM.

Wow, these are really lovely! I just have a couple things I see:

On the first: The eyes aren't too far apart, but the far eye doesn't have bottom lashes which kind of throws it off. Also, on the nose (this is gonna be hard to explain, sorry) the far nostril just abruptly stops; you should see a little more of the other side's fibroareolar tissue. I'm not good at shading lips, sorry

The second one's just perfect! I absolutely love the style!

On the third, since there's no lineweight with the clothing folds, it's really hard to tell what their legs are doing. The old woman's legs are either really short or she's crouching somehow. Mess around with lineweight and opacity/using lighter grays. Also, the house itself seems really flat, the door and far windows just look like a picture on the wall.

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

I'm so glad to see you're back! I love your art! All of these are gorgeous!

One thing bugging me is older woman's eye--her right (our left...or the one facing us) seems a little too large. I love the style, though
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

Hola! So you've got massive potential. I really like the painting style you're developing and some of the ideas in your pieces. A few notes...

Your painted pieces seem to be much stronger than your sketches/lineart. What do you use for each of the different works?

In the black and white 3rd piece, I can see that you're going for a deep perspective but the floorboards flatten out the image. Just as the window size decreases as the windows become farther and farther away, so does the width of the floorboards so they should be thinner as your eye moves closer to the door in the far background.

The other thing that stands out is the lineart; it's all the same width. If you vary the width or thickness, the image will look...I guess cleaner? More natural? The thick lineart has a way of weighing your picture down. You can increase the appeal of your characters and the space they inhabit by varying the thickness and the lines.

Keep up the good work. I look forward to more!

So many drawings <3 I love the one with the two ladies wearing robes/dresses

I like your drawing and painting!

Maybe using some thinner lines for the background elements, in the third drawing could give a better impression of distance.