Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: iOS Games Thread (I guess android too)

iOS Games Thread (I guess android too)

Remaking this thread because I need more games to play.

Currently playing:
    Outwitters -- Totally awesome you should play with me
    Disc Drivin' -- Cool little racing game where you flick a disc around a race track.
    Oddbot -- Not really a game. More of a distraction but I find myself coming back to it.
    Ascension -- Deck building game like dominion. Cool theme.
    Scrabble -- What you'd expect except people wait years to make their moves and are probably using online word finders anyway.

Also various baseball games. Haven't found one I truly like, though.

Sword and Sworcery is pretty good for both Android and iOS.

WordHero is pretty cool. It's essentially online Boggle. I don't think it's on iOS, unfortunately.

World of Goo, too. For Android and iOS.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Mage Gauntlet is fantastic, funny, and a shitton of fun. It's a goon-made homage to games like Zelda and Secret of Mana, although it's more linear than the former and I have never played the latter so I can't comment on how close the two are.

There's a spin-off in the works which will be a dungeon-crawler with rogue-like elements but the same core gameplay, and also a genuine sequel in the works. Highly recommend it. 10/10 would play again.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

If you don't mind paying a bit (and haven't played it yet), Chaos Rings is fun. The Infinity Blade games are also pretty good. I'd give more recommendations, but the pretty much all the other games I have are not available in English.
    よろしく

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Infinity Blade
    Infinity Blade II
    N.O.V.A.
    N.O.V.A. 2
    N.O.V.A. 3
    MetalStorm
    ShadowGun
    Dead Trigger
    Final Fantasy III

And those are pretty much my faves right there.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Just grabbed one of those "console-quality" titles called Wild Blood for $0.99. Don't do the same. The creators seem to think that a horrible game suddenly becomes good once it's on a mobile device. It looks many times worse than other console-quality Android games, it runs worse as well, the controls are wonky to the point where the "double-tap to look behind you" command didn't even work, the combat is repetitive and unsatisfying, the story sucks, and there's no character development.

On the other hand, I'm really enjoying Game Dev Story and Final Fantasy III.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just grabbed one of those "console-quality" titles called Wild Blood for $0.99. Don't do the same. The creators seem to think that a horrible game suddenly becomes good once it's on a mobile device. It looks many times worse than other console-quality Android games, it runs worse as well, the controls are wonky to the point where the "double-tap to look behind you" command didn't even work, the combat is repetitive and unsatisfying, the story sucks, and there's no character development.
    That's something to hear. The game got so many good reviews and very few bad ones. One went so far to list these three things about the game that he/she liked:

1) The story is interesting
    2) The picture quality is very good
    3) You don't get tired of playing it since you find new things each time

I was tempted to get it since the price is so low and the ratings were good, but I guess I'll hold off on that.
    よろしく

The "interesting story" is actually just King Arthur gone mad because Lancelot was bonking his wife and he let Morgana summon a bunch of demons to terrorize Albion. So you play as the "hero," Lancelot, killing a bunch of demons in very closed levels with dull, repetitive combat and, contrary to the review, not much to find on the way, unless you really like smashing pots.

I think most of the reviewers are a) playing a different game or b) giving it a break because it's a mobile game, when that doesn't mean it deserves a break at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think most of the reviewers are a) playing a different game or b) giving it a break because it's a mobile game, when that doesn't mean it deserves a break at all.
    I guess there's just a big level of difference between reviewers where you're from and where I'm at. When it comes to mobile games, the same hard-core gaming crowd probably isn't there so it's all just casual gamers that have most likely only played mobile games. Just my assumption, though.
    よろしく

Quote Originally Posted by Ceta View Post
    If you don't mind paying a bit (and haven't played it yet), Chaos Rings is fun. The Infinity Blade games are also pretty good. I'd give more recommendations, but the pretty much all the other games I have are not available in English.
    as if i need english to play a game, pfft