Thread: How to practice and ACTUALLY improve

How to practice and ACTUALLY improve

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Ah FZDSchool. Always great stuff on that channel.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Ying Yang Member
    Quote Originally Posted by doghateburger View Post
    Holy.

Shit.

It actually makes sense. Everything you guys kept telling me and the other newbies...it finally clicked. No sarcasm. Quick, someone get me a time machine so I can show 12-year-old me this video.

Thanks for posting!

I actually find this video in particular to be very disheartening. I mean, the entry level material for those students is already way better than what I can hope to achieve right now.

Guess I better grab that drawing book I have floating around here somewhere and start brushing up on those fundamentals.

I actually find it pretty encouraging! Now, I actually know what to work on; I don't feel like I'm drawing blind. I won't be able to study like the that school's students, but knowing that working on my fundamentals will really help is just great to know.

Thanks for posting the video!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Yeah, great post. I think a lot of people would benefit from watching this and think about what is said here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    I actually find this video in particular to be very disheartening. I mean, the entry level material for those students is already way better than what I can hope to achieve right now.

Guess I better grab that drawing book I have floating around here somewhere and start brushing up on those fundamentals.
    Well, as he says in the video; the display of drawing skill is irrelevant. But if you have read up on the program and know the amount of work they are expecting the students to do... well if you have that drive and motivation then you have probably already spent many, many hours drawing and designing before you even apply to a school. They don't just want to be able to draw pretty pictures; they want to work as designers. So if you share that motivation and have the necessary imagination and visual library then you should be able to do it. I think that is the message of this video =) Good luck, work hard

Ying Yang Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post

I think he mentions in the video that these students had taken other classes before. So it's not like they were all completely self-taught.

But yeah, I felt the same thing still.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Do realize there are various effective methods of getting things done and making plenty of progress in the art world. There is no one correct method. So though intimidating, realize you can always bend the rules if they suit you personally, and don't hinder your potential ability.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."