Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ANYONE KNOW OF A INTERACTIVE DIGITAL DISPLAY TABLET FOR UNDER $500?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    You have one? Is it any good?

It is very good

Thank you for being so descriptive. That was really helpful.

But seriously though, I'm passing on getting any tablet/laptop hybrids for now but I may look it over again next year. :>

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I wouldn't trust a 'tablet' to work as a 'graphics tablet' due to potential flexibility, pressure, and driver issues. Better off going with the separate deal just to be sure.

EDIT: Although Linz uses an ASUS Eee Slate EP121, and that's what she uses to draw everything with. It does work quite good, but it's not always 100% dependable.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Well that's because it's an ASUS. As far as laptops go, it's the only brand we can trust as visual designers and gamers alike. And, to a certain degree, I'd say with PCs as well. I have an ASUS mobo and I have to say it's one of the most amazing pieces of technology I've ever utilized at its price. ASUS motherboards coupled with AMD processors and a GFX card with an AMD chipset and Corsair RAM is about as good as you can get with custom built computers, and then it just becomes a matter of finding compatible pieces and appropriate accessories, and your system will be easily the most reliable machine you've ever worked on. Oh jeez man I just rambled big time, I'm really sorry guys but I don't feel like deleting all that text haha.

I gots the goods today! Pics and stuff soon.

Now see? This is why I love MT. You dudes really know your stuff when it come to new tools! I'm still getting that Yiynova though. I just aint got the cheese...yet.

If anyone else is considering getting a iPad/Surface/tablet device for drawing, I would hold off for now. Wacom announced that they are releasing their own this summer.

I knew it! I've been holding off on an iPad/Surface/tablet device for this exact same reason. The only downside I see is that it may be a hit or miss with Wacom on the first go (thinks of Inkling) and it may be expensive... <_<