Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: more people need to try this program out

you do realize dimensions like those would output a file at a size around 7 gigabyte right? Even if you managed to run that I doubt the reason would be the software

Quote Originally Posted by Rubisko View Post
    you do realize dimensions like those would output a file at a size around 7 gigabyte right? Even if you managed to run that I doubt the reason would be the software
    sai does not allow to go nearly that high.
    The fact is that it allows you to go that high if you wanted to.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apples13 View Post
    sai does not allow to go nearly that high.
    The fact is that it allows you to go that high if you wanted to.
    And still run without any freezing or crawling I assume?

Rubisko, performance is also another factor. If a software that you're using slows down because of high dimensions and the like, it's a con in my opinion because if you were to consistently make images with those high specs, you're basically wasting time waiting for the computer to register your strokes, save, or show itself properly on screen when you navigate from one side of your work to another.

Think of it this way: it's best to use something that you know can scale up to higher-performance use than to use something that eventually, you'll replace later on (waste of money and time learning the new software).

@ apples
    Admission of piracy is not the same as linking to pirated stuff so I've let Sy off the hook.

In photoshop, your stokes can be converted into smart objects so you can work in say 1k resolution and then bump it up to 4k res and it'll render your strokes perfectly with added crispness. It's similar to how 2k and 4k texture mods for computer games are made.

Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    And still run without any freezing or crawling I assume?

Rubisko, performance is also another factor. If a software that you're using slows down because of high dimensions and the like, it's a con in my opinion because if you were to consistently make images with those high specs, you're basically wasting time waiting for the computer to register your strokes, save, or show itself properly on screen when you navigate from one side of your work to another.

Think of it this way: it's best to use something that you know can scale up to higher-performance use than to use something that eventually, you'll replace later on (waste of money and time learning the new software).

@ apples
    Admission of piracy is not the same as linking to pirated stuff so I've let Sy off the hook.
    I thought the program still worked fairly smoothly even at such a high rez

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    In photoshop, your stokes can be converted into smart objects so you can work in say 1k resolution and then bump it up to 4k res and it'll render your strokes perfectly with added crispness. It's similar to how 2k and 4k texture mods for computer games are made.
    I don't know about the newer versions of Photoshop but, to my knowledge, the older versions don't have this capability.

Quote Originally Posted by apples13 View Post
    I thought the program still worked fairly smoothly even at such a high rez
    Depends on how good your computer is. The standard consumer will most likely face severe lag or having the program crash as a result of the hardware being insufficient. I think even some professional grade machines might have a problem with this unless you've beefed up the insides of your computer. While the software will allow you to open a file of that size, your machine may not work properly after a certain point due to the program eating up all of the computer's resources.
    よろしく

Iam having issues buying the "Gold" so i can buy a digital copy of the program. I live in Canada but when it comes time to type in my Credit info it is only accepting a Japan postal code. Anyone else have this issue or have a idea on how to solve it?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Hmmm... I've looked around a bit and it seems like folks from outside of Japan were able to get a hold of it. One mentioned they specifically got it through the Clip Store. Let me know how it goes. I may purchase it sometime in the distant future...

Oh yeah, once you get it, you can apparently get an English translation for it here. Pretty sweet.