Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more people need to try this program out

more people need to try this program out

http://www.clipstudio.net/
    free trial version....
    basically 64 bit paint tool sai with a lot more functionality

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Looks awesome!

I've seen this many times before, but they never had a version for the Mac. Now that they have one available, I'm seriously considering getting a copy especially with the value plan the have. Although I'd be paying for it for about two-and-a-half years since the monthly cost is so low (currently looking at the EX version, in case you're wondering), I'd be saving quite a bit in the long run compared to buying it from a retail store or picking up the full package in one go. Got a lot of things I need to pay off first and lately I've had very little time for drawing anything on the computer, so I think I'll wait a bit on this.

If anyone decides to pick up a copy, please write a review of it. I'm very curious to hear how it is.
    よろしく

How much is it? Ive found an eng patch for it so if the price is right I might get this first for line work while saving up for CS6 :B

The prices were listed on the right side of the front page, but here's what everything says:

>>If you want to draw manga EX

Value Edition/Month
    500円(plus tax) x32 months
    Download Edition
    22,000円(plus tax)

>>If you want to draw illustrations PRO

Value Edition/Month
    500円(plus tax) x8 months
    Download Edition
    5,000円(plus tax)
    Bundle Edition (purchase includes Tab-Mate Controller)
    8,925円(plus tax)

I don't know what the prices are in your country, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Since the site is only in Japanese, I don't know if you'll have any problems purchasing a copy. Here's hoping you don't.
    Last edited by Ceta; 01-12-2013 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Computer glitch?
    よろしく

Maaaaan who buys software anymore you guys all hurt my feelings with this stuff

If the product is affordable, I don't see why not. Besides, in this case, a 500 yen per month payment plan which will get you a pretty good discount in the end is definitely worth the consideration in my opinion.
    よろしく

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Maaaaan who buys software anymore you guys all hurt my feelings with this stuff
    If thats the case, then when you make a game, why should people buy it? why not just download it? :P

Well it's like the Frictional Games's Amnesia thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas from Frictional Games
    "... sales gets us to 1 360 000 units in total, which can be called the optimistic figure. This means that, optimistically speaking, Amnesia has sold almost 1.4 million units! This reasoning is not strictly speaking invalid, but I think that one should not really count anyone that bought the bundle and already owned Amnesia as a proper unit. A slightly pessimistic guess (not far from reality I think) is that 2/3 of every bundle and pack buyer already owned Amnesia. This gives us about 920 000 units in total, pessimistically speaking. So saying that we have sold a million units seems fair. Wait... a million units! Oh shit!!

Also worth noting that our Penumbra games are still going on at the same rate that they always have. They are still selling about the same numbers (a little more actually) as they did three years ago. This totals to about 900 units per month. Taking all sales together is more than enough to support the company, financing A Machine For Pigs (more on that later) and having some left over. This means that we are in a very good position and aim to use it to take more risk and try out new things (more on this later).

I think we have never disclosed how much we Amnesia cost to make, so might as well do that here. The (exactly) three years of development cost a total of 360 000 US Dollars. It has since earned more than ten times that. Take that investors we talked to in 2009!

It has been over a year since we even thought about piracy. With sales as good as above we cannot really see this as an issue worth more than two lines in this post, so screw it."
    Once Jaittaceti is as successful as that, I don't think it will matter much to me either. Plus, every game I like I buy. I pirated Mass Effects 1 and 2. I pirated Portal 2. I pirated Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Bought 'em all on Steam cuz I loved 'em so much.

should the comments above be deleted? this forum does not promote piracy

It is worth the money for the pro version.
    i was drawing on a 50000x50000 canvas with 1200 dpi
    There are also lots of cool stamps and materials to use like 3d references.
    You can also make brushes just like in photoshop and the vector drawing tools are much more friendly.