Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT!!!?

Hybrid View

WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT!!!?

i had an old account but i forgot my password and username, so i'm just starting a new thread, this may have been posted in my old thread but i'm not sure.

i feel like somethings wrong with the face but i can't put my finger on it.

Wasn't greenfox a user who made a huge complain on deviantart about this forum and sent me to hell with other users, even so I never direct a word to that user?

Just asking, I could be wrong.

That was vermillionfox.

Her pose is REALLY stiff. I'm not really sure what she's doing. the leg on the right is shorter than the one on the left. Same with the arms. Also, the arms are different lengths. She doesn't really have any hips, so the legs don't connect well with the body. The heels and feet are really angular. Her breasts should be smooshed together because her shirt isn't tight. Her cleavage should be in line with the naval. The ear's too low. The head's lopsided. The nose's too high. The mouth's a bit too low. THe eyes are too close together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    That was vermillionfox.
    Oh okay... well every fox looks the same for me.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    The left leg looks a little short. It seems to me like there was an attempt at foreshortening, but it just ended up looking short. I also suggest working on shoulder, as they commonly seem bunched up and uncomfortable in your images.

However, this is a very large step up from your last drawing! The pose has a much more natural feel to it, and the hands are much more believable (though the character' left one may need some reworking). I also like that you added detail to the knee, which many people seem to neglect.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Oh okay... well every fox looks the same for me.
    Sorry, bro. :U

The face you drew is slightly too flat and also angled diagonally. It's as if the viewer is staring at the face on a sheet of paper, from an angle. The reason is that the top of the head is tilting one way and the chin is a bit too far back and tilting the other.

thanks that really helps (and yeah i'm not the same fox)

i tried to redo it, i think it look better but i could be wrong,
    she is supposed to be floating, i didn't ink arm on the right because it still looks wrong but i couldn't get it to look right.

I think the issue is that her shoulders are on the same level no matter the action or the change to a pose. The shoulder of the arm that is raised should be raised, and the shoulder of the arm that is down should be lower. It'll look a lot less stiff that way.

Double Digits Member
    I agree as GaBo above and your neck is a bit thick and stubby...i mean, short. and i think that if you made the arms bend a little bit more, she would look smoother and natural and not so stiff-looking.