Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mkan-bx's wanting opinions

Double Digits Member

Mkan-bx's wanting opinions

Hello all! I am new here with the new year (yay 2013!)
    Well, I'm working on a one-shot (hopefully) and trying to make it as short as possible as appropriate for a one-shot manga. I tend to detail my work therefore making it longer, so I hope you guys will give me some constructive criticism!

Question regarding the pictures: Is the perspective ok?I feel like the reaper's leg looks kinda off(same for the mask) and the girl's position is too close to the man...

i really suck at drawing animal perspective so please input some help?

Thank you for taking your time with me
    Last edited by mkan-bx; 01-06-2013 at 05:31 PM. Reason: let's focus on my poor artwork instead of my story ^^

Interesting pictures and they look not to bad, I would suggest using real life references though for the characters and their anatomy for example the one without the skull mask has stick like arms, thin legs and pretty small feet, and has little facial features and looks a bit like slender man with a samurai helmet. Also for the bottom one I would suggest looking at some horse anatomy, in particular for the legs.

You have some great ideas. I agree with Demon, too. I don't have time to go through detail by detail (sorry OTL), but do study real human anatomy. Your limbs are pretty thin and are different lengths than their correspondents.

Also, here are some great horse references:
    http://referencesforartists.tumblr.c...e-anatomy-post
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Hmm, yes, very nice.

Do you have a sketchbook? Because I'm going to challenge you. Go out and buy yourself a sketchbook. It doesn't have to be profesional or super-high-quality or anything like that, just make sure you get something you feel comfortable with and will actually draw with. (It helps if the paper is fairly good for drawing too) And then I'm going to challenge you to fill up that entire sketchbook. Every single page of it. Doodle ideas, do rendered drawings, whatever with it... just make sure you've drawn something on every page. This will help you imrove, a lot, as there are quite a few pages in a sketch book and if you get into the habit of drawing then things will start to come more naturally. (As in, drawing people and animals in perspective and such.) One word of warning: Don't just draw one subject, fill this new best friend of yours with anything and everything. It will help broaden your skills as an artist and you'll have a wider range of experiance.

So. Get the sketchbook. Fill it up.

That being said, the drawings you posted really aren't that bad, considering you're a beginner and all. If for any reason (those reasons being mainly if your house burns down, Dark Overlord Zephlon took over the world, or you moved to Greenland and all other reasons excluded) you cannot procur a sketchbook or drawing paper, try using standard old printer paper to do your sketches on. It's just as readily accessible and will eliminate those annoying blue lines. (The finished result looks smoother as well)

Anyways, good starting idea. Good luck with the one shot.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Double Digits Member
    Thank you for you inputs. It took me awhile to realize and see that they were in fact stick-like lol. but who's "slender man"? is he from a horror movie? cuz it reminds me of candy man...

and i do have sketchbooks too...and they are mostly filled.

- - - Updated - - -

here are some more drawings/sketch i drew, plz cc

for this sketch, i'm trying a different style where the body seems more elongated...i think it's a fail though..

I'm not really good with the backdrop/ground...

btw...how would you guys make it so that the image appears smaller?

Hey! Your arms are still VERY thin. Beef them up. Do a couple pages of just arms from REAL life.

On the first: her ear's too low, arm's too skinny, neck's pretty long/shoulder's too low, no brow. Looks at references for profile eyes; her's could use a bit of work.

On the second: The head is shaped wrong for 3/4 view. Look at the top and bottom rows:
    http://kxhara.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d5finod
    Basically, the chin is too far to the right of the face. there's no real cheek definition, it just angle out into space O.O Also, his arms are too skinny and long. His knee's too low. The strange little lump under where his crotch should be doesn't make sense. He's unbalanced with his feet behind him and should be falling forward onto his face. His neck's pretty long in comparison to the placement of his shoulders. His eyes are too far apart (should only be an eye's length apart) and they shoouldn't be different heights. His ear's too low.

On the third: Same facial problems as above. I really don't understand what's going on.

On fourth: Amrs MUCH too long and skinny. Same 3/4 view facial problems as 3rd picture. mouth's too low. Ear's too low. The thumbs make the hand structure look really off. Neck's too thin. Breast is very angular and you've haven't given her one on the other side O.O

On the last: there's no consistent vanishing point(s) for the WHOLE scene, so everything's in a slightly different perspective (for example, the stairs are different than the ceiling)

I just resize pictures in different editting programs if they're too big
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 01-06-2013 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

SO it seems like you have a decent understanding of 3d objects. But your proportions are lacking, at least if you want them to be of any usual standards for anime or somesuch. BUT if you try to learn to draw realistically and get your bearings on anatomy and ..well... how the real world works, then you'll have an appropriate knowledge to come up with your own style. So good luck and practice more.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Double Digits Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    Basically, the chin is too far to the right of the face. there's no real cheek definition, it just angle out into space O.O
    what do you mean the chin is too far to the right? maybe it's because it's my drawing...but i can't really see what you mean...like to the right from looking straight on? or to the right of the drawing's POV?

Double Digits Member

digitally drawing

ok, so here a picture i drew digitally. it's my first time drawing digitally COMPLETELY so yeah....still a beginner in that field. please let me know what you think. also, is my coloring ok? i'm not the greatest colorer.....

Double Digits Member
    ok...i know adim say to not post just to show off and maybe i am(uncertain here direct me if u will), but im really looking for critique on my coloring skills. i'm just starting to get used to coloring digitally

i feel like im using too much shadow so it looks really contrast to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by mkan-bx; 04-08-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: is the pic showing? or is it just my lptp?