Page 12 of 100 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam 24: Give me some money

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Hahaha, that's great.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

ultimate disguise

You guys, I feel so lonely. The other day I found out that Jaidurn purchased FL Studio 10, and he's going to buy some VSTs. I feel very crushed, I feel like I'm the only guy in the world who steals shit on the Internet anymore. Doesn't anyone still use uTorrent and stuff for programs and stuff anymore? Or is it really time for me to start forkin' over my hard-earned cash for things I want?

Yea I have uTorrent on my comp right now. I've never torrented a thing in my life, because I HATE torrents. I only downloaded it because I had an Illustrator project due, and I needed access to Illustrator. But a good friend came through, and I never had to use it. Thus why it's just sitting around taking up space now.

I stopped pirating(first-hand, I still occasionally make a ... request to a trustworthy friend. *Wink wink*) back in late 2009, mainly because I just reached my peak of paranoia attacks. Like I'd spend hours downloading something, and I'd expect the FBI at my front door or a cease & desist email the next day or something(or get sued to death).

Now I buy everything cause it feels soooo much better. Unless it's bullshittingly overpriced, like Zbrush.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Oh man. I'm so alone! QQ

TaT
    <My comic

Oh great Goddess Rio, please give me the strength to relinquish my wallet-juices to money hungry penny grabbing companies so that I may own the softwares that they churn out each year and do not much more than put a new number on the box legally and not through pirating websites and torrents! You must understand my Jewish predicament!

Nigga if you's just broke, say it. Don't be frontin'.
    <My comic

I'M A JOBLESS BUM QQ. I'VE APPLIED TO LITERALLY 29 ESTABLISHMENTS IN THE PAST 6 DAYS AND I'VE FOLLOWED UP ON ABOUT 8 OF THEM AND NOBODY IS INTERESTED IN HIRING A BUM LIKE ME.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    After the holidays is a really hard and bad time to try finding a job. Most places hire seasonal workers during November or even October but let them go before January and keep the ones they do want so there is no need to hire for a while.
    Best thing to do for now is find the place you would really like to work and know you have the qualifications for and talk to the hiring manager. Keep your name and face in their mind so when something does become available they think of you first. Don't call every day tho because that's annoying but like once every other week is fine. You will need a lot of Chapstick for all the ass kissing you might have to do.
    Another thing to consider is most places don't like hiring high school kids or even people under 18 because the laws are usually strict on how long they can work and its a pain to work around a schedule like that. For example anyone under 18 can not work past 9pm any night (may have changed idk cuz we no longer hire 17 or lower) and depending on the age you can not work where you are required to use an oven (like subway) power tools or operate machinery blah blah blah. Combine that with the fact that you can't call most high school kids into work at a moments notice and you have a barely usable employee.