Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: why is it so hard to draw

Teen Member
    well being a game designer is probably more easier cuz your not the only one working on the game. unlike a manga it's either you or you and a partner working on it.

Neither with comics, many comic artist work on teams or have students with them. No one works alone. And the amount of work on both paths is crazy.

There is not a single thing easy about game design. Nothing easy about programming, doing art, or music. And to find people to work with would require you having some sort of value. Everybody hates the idea man that has no skills but so many ideas.

Aka, The Boss. jejeje.

Teen Member
    iv actually tried to design a game myself i got about half way through it i havent worked on it for a while but i do know its hard to make a game. i tried fiddling with the unreal engine its quite difficult.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    We get good at art because we practice, and if it you think it looks like total shite, it's probably because it is. Therefore we practice more in response.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, but it makes a helluva lot better. Though it does help to have that natural artist blood to give you that headstart, I'll admit, but that's only part of the story. Someone can be born with the talent of an artist and never do anything with it for many reasons.

Some people can start their life in art REALLY late and get up to a professional level through a FUCKING TON of dedication, practice, and hard work. So get on those last three italicized words.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Practice and understanding is all you need. For a long, long time I believed that there was some "magic" involved in drawing good. When I was a kid I was the one in the class who drew good, but I didn't understand why. When I was 18-19 I still didn't know why the stuff i drew looked nice, but I could see that it didn't look as nice as the drawings made by professional artists. Because I still believed that they were just naturally(or rather, magically) better than me I kind of left it at that, and decided to be an engineer instead. Then about a year ago I first heard about the "fundamentals of drawing", and that explained a lot. If you learn and understand the fundamentals, and practice a lot then you will be able to draw well. So that's what I'm trying to do now, because I want to be able to draw and design as a profession.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    I contend that drawing isn't more difficult than most other things. All advanced arts, even sciences, require a lot of practice to master.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I'd say the hardest part about art is living up to your own standard.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Unless you have low standards?

We should all draw sonic hedge hogs on deviant art as a living =/