Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Bad Anatomy

Indeed, they have evolved beyond our petty need for a vertebral column, perfect for Mage battles

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    My favorite is the statue of Coatlicutle from the Mexicas (Aztecs).

The deal is not that anatomy is changed, the problem is under the base ground the artist provide for his art. If an artist is going for a realist or semi-realistic style, he is bonded to every rule of those to keep his work believable to the audience. An example of this is the Superman posted by Gunz, the character is not real by any mean, but the style chosen by the artist force him to keep a ground of realism (semi realism, need some realism) to make it believable for the audience, so when we see this Superman without elbow we are just like "lol funny".

But on the other hand an artist can create an style which can be in different degrees more away to "realism", and this we can call it fantasy or fiction (for my both are the same). In here the artist provide the rules for his work, and its when the artist break his own rules that we could say he made a "mistake", reason why we can see a drawing made by someone who doesn't really draw "well" and point "mistakes", because as this person is not really that good at drawing he is more subsumed to stepping his own tail and making "mistakes".

Then what is going on with Picasso? He is on my second point, he made his own rules, and so if he stick with the rules he established to the audience we can't really say there is something wrong. But more in depth, he is also working under other rules, that are not necessarily on a "believable work" so his goal is not making it believable, but rather to play on a different playground, reasons why we can't place him in this thread, as this thread goes for the first of my points which can be seen in the classical boob-butt poses or others.
    I see your point Clocks. At least in regards to abstract art. It's one of the few art forms that allow you throw conventional 'realistic' studies out the window & explore some...well...abstract conceptualizations.

I also get what Linz is pointing with the "I don't play by your rules". You know that all of art is up to the artist's creating [that art] ideas. I can totally understand that in the world of comics/manga that realistic or semi-realistic anatomy is important. But, IMO, if comics/ manga originated from comic strips (aka the 'funny papers'...cartoons)...then 'bad' anatomy isn't really a big deal. <----I could be wrong about the comics evolving form the funnies...

Sometimes the over-exaggeration you see in manga/ comics actually make that work a whole lot better than it would be if it was done in a realistic or sam-realistic style.

By the way ya'll manga comics have bad anatomy off rip. You know those big eyes that probaly drew a lot of folks to the style? What about other stuff like dainty little hands & feet? Perhaps the slightly oversized noggin? I mean I could go on, you get my gist.

I WILL say this, however, every art form has it's foundation based off of realism so...if you're doing figures...even abstract...you do need to understand exactly what body part(s) you're deforming should look like before you do it.

..and while we're using Picasso...did you guys forget about Dahli?

BURN IT!!!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I hit it, now I burn every day.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by Linz View Post
    I don't play by your rules.
    what?

No rules to play by, no rules to follow, muthafuckas. Some people play tha game, but I make da system. Word up.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I'm scared.

First thing I thought of?
    <My comic

Have you seen this Born to Fire? It has some of the most retarded poses with no congruence (I bet the producer, marketing or art direction has a horrible taste).

http://s.aeriastatic.com/files/bornt...in1024x768.jpg

http://s.aeriastatic.com/files/bornt...ue1024x768.jpg

Every girl pose like if it were some kind of fashion contest, and with a broken anatomy.