Thread: Hyun's Scribble Collection

Hyun's Scribble Collection

I hope I can post WWWIP's, since I have no idea how to fix these arms.

SPOILER! :

Doing this on the SketchBook Pro app on the Nexus 7... coloring sucks on there > <;
    Last edited by Hyun; 12-24-2012 at 04:00 PM.

She has a bat wing arm, also be aware that the length of that arm is longer than the other (extend her arm). Also the rough sketch has a better design than the actual line art, so you should go for the more chubby character on the sketch, and the hair shouldn't show that much on the back or it will make it look like an alien head (from the movie) which makes also to look that her neck is actually attached to her jaw and not her head. Also, her eyes are looking at two different directions (cover with your hand one eye and look where its looking, repeat with the other) and her boobs are quite pointy. I would also recommend you to go all over curves and no pointy edges, as you are already 90% curves, which give weight to the character make it more chubby, but its awkward when one shoulder is more pointy. Finally I haven't take the time, but you should make sure the head sizes of the drawing, its supposed to be 3 head size, but there is maybe a little thing off on it, but I don't want to open photoshop to be objectivity sure about it.

Thanks a lot, I'm going to have a try at this again while keeping everything you've said in mind. I tried and made guidelines for the 3-heads measurement but I'm having a little trouble on this thing. xD; Back to square 1!

---

SPOILER! :
    -

Last edited by Hyun; 12-24-2012 at 04:01 PM.

; ; waited for a reply so I didn't break the "no double posting" rule... hope this post is an exception.

Anatomy's weird... I think:

The highlight's in the wrong place? Something else seems off though, like the pants... :

The head looked like it was too far to the left so I moved it a little, but might need to move it to the right more? I can't quite place my finger on what/how to fix it anymore:

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Hyun; 01-17-2013 at 02:41 PM.

The first one; The overall anatomy seems okay considering it's just a fairly simple chibi and all, but perhaps there is a little too much blank space on the left side of her eye? Just seems like it juts out a little too me... Her pupils are also different sizes...

The second one; The jaw totally needs to end sooner on the left side, and start curving upwards for a more 'rounded' look. The head should be 'jelly bean' shaped, rather than simply a large symmetrical 'U'... The pants also need to be facing slightly upwards, so that you are not just looking at them straight-on.

The third one is easily the strongest, but seems to have the same 'chin just ends somewhere behind the bangs' effect. You should really be thinking about how things are shaped even if can't necessarily see them...

Either way, I think your level of skill is fairly decent, through, especially with colouring. Not really sure why you keep removing your old images... >_>

Thanks a lot! I think I have a basic idea of what I need to work on besides... well, everything.

Oh, about that. I didn't really delete my previous images; the host deleted them so I switched to another. Didn't really get a chance to reupload them and edit my posts, haha.

Ugh, I can't find the deleted images in my previous posts. /headdesk
    I found these:
    SPOILER! :

Anyway, I'm back! My most recent:

That left leg and arm is driving me crazy at the moment..

Current WIP:
    SPOILER! :

Need to fix those arms... and ponytail.

There is very little I can say due to the deformation, but I notice that the mouths (and arguably the chins) usually don't line up with the center line of the face as indicated by the eye positioning. Speaking of the eyes, you also tend to draw them without symmetry in consideration, and sometimes without appropriate foreshortening as the face turns to the side and subsequently moves further away from the 'viewers eye'.