Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oblivion

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I've heard good things about Nehrim. Supposedly it's like the lovechild of Gothic and TES, although it still, I understand, has some of the shitty issues related to the terrible engine of Oblivion.

Sadly I've never actually played Gothic 1 or 2 myself, and I understand that 3 is so bad as to cause cancer.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Could be - both Gothic and TES games share the very special feature of crashing all the time - and Nehrim lives up to that legacy, no doubt. Good thing I'm addicted to the quicksave key, because loading any new area seems to have a 85% success rate...

Elder Scroll V: Skyrim

The video Trailer.

The official website: Elder Scrolls

So, what do you think? Discuss away.

Nomad I merged the skyrim thread with the oblivion thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    I've heard good things about Nehrim. Supposedly it's like the lovechild of Gothic and TES, although it still, I understand, has some of the shitty issues related to the terrible engine of Oblivion.

Sadly I've never actually played Gothic 1 or 2 myself, and I understand that 3 is so bad as to cause cancer.
    gothic 2 was amazing although its controls were so awkward o-o but yeah gothic 3 was kind of bad, they basically made 2 factions, rebels and orcs and regardless of who you picked you had to do most of the same quests because the rebels would say "go gain the orcs trust"

for some reason 1 is like £18.99 on steam gothic 2 is like £8.99 and yet you can get 1, 2 and 3 for 19.99 O_o it makes no sense 4 is on there too but im not sure if my computer would handle it

have any of you plaued risen? its another gothic game but its on the xbox as well
    Last edited by wolfman; 01-26-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Gothic 3 was bad, sorry, it was Gothic 4 I was thinking of that the general consensus over at SA is "Fill a sock with rocks and smash it into your genitals. Congrats, you have now approximated the Gothic 4 experience for a fraction of the cost!"

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

So I have played enought to know that is not good, is adictive, but is not good.

There are a lot of bugs, the gameplay is retarded, the teleport around the map is awful (the idea of a epic fantastic story is the epic journey, not the teleport between city's) and yeah, leveling up is awful and winning money is pretty slow and is not balanced with the level up.

._. if you think fast travel is awful simple DONT USE IT, why do you think leveling up is awful and why do you think the game play is awful

I use it because the game force you to go to every location on the map. There is no guide about what should you do in which moment so is open, and thats cool but it's kill the epic journey (even GTA is open, but it make restrictions so you have the feeling of improvement).

The level up is unbalanced, you level up to fast, but you win money to slow. If you level up you can have better spells, but you need money to buy them, so you shouldn't level up if you don't have the money or you are going to fight strongest enemies and you are going to still have low money to buy better spells. The game should gave you a equal balance between money you can make and how fast you can level up (also because if you level up to fast, you lose the option to train your skills with some NPC... and this cost money to).

The game play is awful because, you have a fps screen to play, that is great to cast spells and use bow and arrow, but is awful to fight with mele and sneak. While the other camera view is great to sneak (you have a wider view) but is awful to use bow and arrow or spells. By this, you have to change of camera all the time. The hotkeys for spells or weapons are awful, sometimes I press a button and it chose a different spell from what I want. Also there are a lot of bugs and glitchs like for example I can levitate in a stair if I jump to it.

have you ever played morrowind ._.

you only level up quickly to start it becomes slower later
    yes its hard to get money but once again it gets easier later and the more you explore the more you get, you dont actually get that much money doing the quests
    dont expect to be all powerful at the beginning with mega spells of death, its slow to start especially as a mage
    you can make you own spells if you join the mages guild
    there is no set thing to do at any moment as you said it is completely open, pick a guild or something and do those quests like the dark brother hood, they give you places to go, if you do the dark brotherhood you get a realyl cool horse at one point that makes travel a lot easier
    whats wrong with using melee weapons in the FP screen ._.