View Poll Results: Which one is better for the timeline?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real history

5 41.67%
  • Alternate history

7 58.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which one is better, real history or alternate history?

I was thinking that perhaps I could go Valkyria Chronicles route? Still with tanks and realistic weaponry, but doesn't necessarily stick accurately to the history... like perhaps I could "remake" the Sherman, or make the weapons (a little) more advanced that it should be... Don't know about adding some magic though...

you could use parelel universes. Our time, our history, but with a twist.

Ummm, isn't that what is called alternate history?

Hum. T'was thinking about this more, and I guess it really depends on your mecha drawing abbility, and how seriously you want your plot to be taken. Creating new, cooler variants to existing vehicles, or going just slightly off your rocker like Metal Slug does, could really give you some neat things to draw and fool around with... But yeah. It will start suffering from "it works because I say so" syndrome like all alternate history things.

Its awesome bro, i wish i can read it in no time.

I choose alternate one, you must include something new, the real history is kinda boring except you can create story line like Urasawa Naoki does.

paralel universe or mecha is not bad idea but its kinda common right now.
    Last edited by Reset; 02-12-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LVUER View Post
    Ummm, isn't that what is called alternate history?
    I think is called like that... I don't know. Is about a story about our world and time, but changing a fact in the history (example: Ex Machina: It change the 9/11).

I think alternate history is when you change about some facts that happened in the past. Like what if Germans is the winner of WW2? What if Albert Einsten created a time machine to kill Hitler before he declare war on all Europe. Or something like that...

yeah thats the kind of story I was talking. It our reality, but with a historical change.

I don't want to change much facts of the history though, since that part of history is what I want to convey to my reader. If I mess with the history itself, then it won't reach to my reader (the history, I mean).

In my opinion, if the story is gonna take place in our world, during a certain event that happened in that past, I would definitely suggest real history, some readers might read alternate history and go "what a load of bullfrogs!!!" and stop.

Just my opinion C: Good luck!