Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drawing programs?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Photoshop CS2 is now free if nobody has heard.
    http://gizmodo.com/5973730/grab-phot...ree-right-here
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Apparently not true, adobe link doesn't work, twitter link is broken and comments suggest that this gift was only for people that purchased CS2 somewhere in the past and need to reinstall the software due to the registration servers being offline. Bottom line: no free photoshop

Guess I'll stick to GIMP then.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Well I was fishy about it to begin with, cause let's face it; It's Adobe.

One could still hope though.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

What's wrong with Adobe? Besides Flexi Sign (which is what I design large format vector stuff with at work), Adobe Creative Suite is my bread and butter. Of course, you gotta know how to use them shits...

I just downloaded that Photoshop thing, so I think it works.

Hmm, strange that it does work now :/

Maybe public pressure got to them?

Yeah, it works fine.

Downloaded the first two discs of CS2 really fast and now it's still loading the disc three page.

Is there any reason for Adobe to continue selling CS2 for actual money? Pirates already get everything free, so why not offer it free officially and make more money from ads and stuff than you have from CS2 sales in ten years?

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    There are actual reasons why some people still use older programs. For example, there are features in CS3 that was phased out in later versions of the CS suites. It's a feature I use consistently so I was a little miffed when it was gone in the later versions. Not only that but older versions tend to work in more recent OS's so if you're short on cash, don't want to spend money when you still have a working graphic software, and so on - why upgrade?

'Sides, if Adobe makes it free, most people will tend to think it's public domain and it's far from being that as it's a product that is still being improved and upgraded. If anything, Adobe should offer them as value softwares for deep discounts since they're so old.