Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im a writer looking for a manga artist

Hybrid View

Teen Member

im a writer looking for a manga artist

ok so my name is Ryan and i am looking for a manga artist like the title says. i have the plot of the story down and i have five chapters that are written down as well its going to be in a fictional world that i created its going to have fantasy a lot of action and it will have a little bit of cyberpunkish related material and its going to have a lot of Greek elements to it. i am going to let the artist design the things the way they want to however there are some things i already have designed well in my head lol. like for example i have some clothing designs that i want to put in and i know what the four main characters are going to look like. but i believe other than that the artist can design everything else the way he or she wants to and i also have a map of the world that i created (its kind of bad lol).

But anyway i live in Virginia and if you live in Virginia or any state that's close to Virginia or in NY we could work things out. i was hoping that one day when we get this manga finished we could get it published and once or if it sells we could split the profits 50/50 sounds even right? i know this all seems far'fetched but you never know what the future holds.
    Last edited by shimario; 12-13-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I deleted your other thread. Btw, did you just post up your thread yesterday and since there wasn't a reply from yesterday till today - you decided to delete it? If so, then that's a bit like jumping the gun imo. Right around this time of year, a lot of people are busy with their own personal IRL situations. I know of some members who're on vacation (aka holiday) right around now for example. Next time, consider giving people more time to reply. Good luck with your project!

Teen Member
    oh thanks for deleting the other one and i guess i'll have to try again another time. it was just that i saw that i had a lot of views and nobody was replying so i guess i got annoyed but il try again.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Ah, I see. People click on threads just to see what is being said not to mention we get a lot of lurkers here so don't mind the view numbers too much.

i have five chapters that are written down
    ^^^ This is good. Even better is if you can share a summary of your story.

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Hey there! Since you're new here, here's a tip or two:

It works better if you get to know people on here a bit before you start posting for requests. It gives you some credibilty and respect, and establishes those relationships. (Plus you'll know who exactly is comitted and who will end up just dropping the ball)

That being said, you need to give us a summary about your story. What, who, is it about? Cyber-punk w/ Greek elements is a genre, and it doesn't tell us anything about what it is you want us to help you with.

(Anyways good luck!)
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Teen Member
    well i don't want to say to much cause im just nervous that someone will steal the idea but i guess it cant hurt to give out a little info

Eh, no one's gonna steal your idea.

But if you think about it, people steal writers ideas all the time. It's called tried-and true, cliches, what have you. (Think about it, Monsters Inc. is essentially the same movie as the Matrix...heh)

The point is, it's probably impossible to be entirely original. However, those writers who can do story well while being original in there own way are the ones who are successful.

i.e., all writers who rip off other people's ideas are losers.

(Shakes fist at dA)

Teen Member
    oh well i just put up the plot if your interested in reading it

No no, put up the synopsis or logline or something. If people show interest then you can post the plot

Teen Member
    oh to late

- - - Updated - - -

and i know this will sound noobish but idk what the synopsis or logline is lol