Thread: Manga Artist looking for manga story

Manga Artist looking for manga story

I'm interested in drawing a manga but I need at least a general idea.
    The kind of story I want to do is something like Death Note. In th sence that it takes place in the real world but you give 1 person 1 supernatural item or ability and see what they do with it. Please give me ideas

A guy who hates how this world differs the rich and the poor, Obtain the hand of midas and made a lot of gold, however it didn't change the world but just made the gold lost it's value.

A girl who hates discrimination, Obtain the cupids bow(ofcourse the bow and arrow is invisible) and made those who discriminates people fall in love to those he/she discriminates.

err.. It's not really that hard, I could think of a lot but what exactly is the stuffs you're looking for?

Edit: Those two are really crappy, If you're doing a long manga, I suggest the idea should come from you cause the important part is what type of story you enjoy. though I(we) could give some ideas but just ideas only
    Last edited by ram; 12-09-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Ok!

Quote Originally Posted by ram View Post
    A guy who hates how this world differs the rich and the poor, Obtain the hand of midas and made a lot of gold, however it didn't change the world but just made the gold lost it's value.

A girl who hates discrimination, Obtain the cupids bow(ofcourse the bow and arrow is invisible) and made those who discriminates people fall in love to those he/she discriminates.

err.. It's not really that hard, I could think of a lot but what exactly is the stuffs you're looking for?

Edit: Those two are really crappy, If you're doing a long manga, I suggest the idea should come from you cause the important part is what type of story you enjoy. though I(we) could give some ideas but just ideas only
    I think those ideas were pretty god and would like to hear more!

Well, I just thought of those things head on after seeing your post, That's why I haven't developed them. The trick is think of yourself as the main character and think of what you hate in this world and think of what power want to have to change it. I assume that's what the creator of deathnote did.

But if you really like them:

For the guy who had the power of midas, It would probably be best to make him hide his powers and giving golds to the poor like robin hood, Ofcourse since he can have all the gold he wants he can travel anywhere and give golds to every poor people on every country.

For the girl who had the cupid's bow, You have to make this girl someone rich so she can travel anywhere around the world, For the bow, I think of two types of arrow, one to make the faller, and one to fall in love with, Though that could only do much since she can't really change the discrimination of races, so you have to make her choose her target very well, or accomplices with the "fall in love with" target and convince his "faller" target not to discriminate those races.

You have to make this girl a really genius type of girl, err... also you could change it into a guy, but for me I'll make her a girl since a girl can develop really great in this type of story of discrimination.

I've always toyed with the idea of immortality might be interesting to do a manga where you follow a characters travel through time per say. what's he had to do to get by, The first time a loved one dies, visiting your grandchildren, without them knowing, etc. The high times, the low times, finding a new somebody spending years in a dark spot. Faking your own death, being worshipped as a god ( hell you could end up with him being one of the Pharaohs of Egypt or some such. Having the chance to show off a different kind of environment, time and date, and being able to mix some additional fantasy behind the myths as you go. I've actually written a bunch of stuff on this idea orgionaly I wanted to be a author but I could not find an artist so I slowly Tried to turn myself into that artist. There's so many possibilities :P

hey, i got an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Ironstrom View Post
    I've always toyed with the idea of immortality might be interesting to do a manga where you follow a characters travel through time per say. what's he had to do to get by, The first time a loved one dies, visiting your grandchildren, without them knowing, etc. The high times, the low times, finding a new somebody spending years in a dark spot. Faking your own death, being worshipped as a god ( hell you could end up with him being one of the Pharaohs of Egypt or some such. Having the chance to show off a different kind of environment, time and date, and being able to mix some additional fantasy behind the myths as you go. I've actually written a bunch of stuff on this idea orgionaly I wanted to be a author but I could not find an artist so I slowly Tried to turn myself into that artist. There's so many possibilities :P
    You seem really talented as a writer, maybe I could do the drawings and you could do the story? If you ned to see my drawing skills look up my deviant art page; username: pichubros25