Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: So this exists...

So this exists...

Prepare yourselves for this cause I just came across JESUS: THE ANIME.

Here is a clip.
    Kinda gruesome tbh. NSFW.

I dig it. Alot.

That was awesome, but extremely upsetting at the same time.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm not religious at all and tbh i'm not THAT much of an anime fan, but i loved this clip for the emotion. It really got you right in the heart. @_@ Love itttt.

Definitely. It was definitely very touching! Gotta admit though, it was really hard to watch at some parts... Who in the world decided that crucifixion was a good way to execute criminals??? It's just absolutely brutal. I dont think I realized how excruciatingly painful it would be until I watched this...

He should have used hokuto ujo ken

Wow, that was MUCH better than I expected!!!

Quote Originally Posted by corastaur View Post
    Who in the world decided that crucifixion was a good way to execute criminals??? It's just absolutely brutal. I dont think I realized how excruciatingly painful it would be until I watched this...
    Yes, especially since you're basically just very slowly suffocating to death
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Quote Originally Posted by JJJorgie View Post
    Yes, especially since you're basically just very slowly suffocating to death
    Yup :/ plus nails in your hands and feet. That would really suck...

I dunno, I like to immerse myself in the worlds brutal history. People did this to other people. People like you and me. How anyone could do anything that horrific to another human being is beyond me, whether Jesus existed or not, Crucifixion was real. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure if they actually did nail the hands and feet. I think they basically just tied them up and waited for their bodies to collapse into themselves. Although crucifixion was also used in Japan as well as the Roman empire, so I may be getting mixed up. Also, interesting tidbit, and I only know this cause I'm Scottish, but St Andrew was also crucified but on an X, hence our flag 'St Andrews Cross.'

BUT YEAH. Awesome anime, not gonna lie I teared up a few times and actually grimaced at the absolute horror of the wounds. Very well done indeed. Don't know why this isn't more popular.

I know they would nail some people's wrists; I'm not sure if they nailed everyone's. But it was more of another torture than to hold them up (the nails went through the most painful nerves wrists).
    Last edited by JJJorgie; 12-08-2012 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Quote Originally Posted by corastaur View Post
    Yup :/ plus nails in your hands and feet. That would really suck...
    Actually its a misconception, they nailed the wrist and attached the feet with a rope. Its a common christian misconception as most images of christ have the nails on the hands, but its being proved countless of time that they placed the nails on the wrist, which make a horrible "electrical" pain in the whole body and its a good way to attach someone to something as the wrist has a little opening between its bones.

Also, they didn't crucify to execute the criminals (which weren't every criminal), because crucified people died by starvation or thirst. I read one time that some people used to give water and food to crucified people to make them live longer.

Finally, apparently crucification was a praxis from the old jew traditions to the most horrible criminals, a little like how stoning people was that too. But I find it way more interesting how torture evolve in the latest years with medieval times and christianity (which basically supported the most horrible crimes to humanity). But to not blame everything on christians and jewish, greeks also had some pretty gross executions, like the brazen bull where the victim was placed inside a bronze bull and then heated with a stove.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_bull