Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RafaelYuji's artworks

The hand placement on the bow seems a might unnatural, almost like the bow is made of rubber and just bends under her grip. Also the bow isn't nearly large enough, nor are the arrows, as pointed out earlier.

I really love your line-work though. Very nice inking.

Well another drawing that i did today, it's look horrible, but theres always a next time, i guess i going to sketch something...

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    Lines look a little broken up, they should be a bit more fluid. Other than that, the inking is great.

Watch the left side of her head (It seems a little squashed) and her hand/arm is out of whack perspective wise. That's your biggest issue.

It's hard to explain: Basically a foreshortened arm is two cylinders attached to the circular shoulder.

Here's an example:

https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/1856.../mqdefault.jpg

See how the hand is larger than the forearm, forearm larger than the upper arm? And how it connects all nice like to the shoulder?

Also, the hand needs to be foreshortened too... Not so vertical. Look at your arm in a mirror and see what it should look like.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    To remedy Rebel's first critique, try using only one pen stroke to define each curve, rather than "scritching" the lines as you go along. I do like that you're trying perspective, because a lot of people (experienced ones too!) shy away from it. You'll only get better from here, so keep working on the tough stuff!

Just a coloured sketch that i done digitaly, these days i was slacking off to much...

The closer hand's perspective's really off. Look at references when drawing complicated perspectives. Here's one that I like to use:
    http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&se...orial#/d5fb8lk

The body's a little short for the head. The far forearm is much too long. Try to distinguish the leg's different parts (thigh, knee, lower leg/calf) more. The back foot's angle is kind of off.

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!